Cooking time: 60 minutes or less
“Kawara soba” is a local dish that originated in Shimonoseki City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, which appeared in the TBS drama “Escape Shame”.
I’m from Shimonoseki, so I’ve eaten many times a year since I was little. It is a recipe with respect for escape shame.
- Keywords for this recipe
- Grated radish
- Green onion
How to make Yamaguchi’s famous Kawara soba
Ingredients for Shimonoseki’s local dish “Kawara soba”
The essential material for Kawara soba“Tea soba, brocade egg, cooked beef, chopped green onion”.. Add sliced lemon, grated maple, chopped seaweed, etc. to this.
Boiled tea soba is placed on a heated roof tile with ingredients and boiled warmly, but this time it will be easier to make at home.Recipe to fry tea soba in a frying panI would like to introduce it in.
* As for how to eat, put the attached lemon slices and grated Japanese radish in warm soup, and while enjoying the aroma and taste as a condiment, add the noodles and ingredients to the soup.
Preparation of ingredients for Kawara soba
First, the ingredients before boiling the tea sobaCooked broth egg and beefPrepare.
Kinshi egg melts the egg wellSeasoning A (2 teaspoons of sugar, 1 teaspoon of sake, 2 teaspoons of salt)Add and bake thinly in a frying pan and then cut into small pieces → Refer to the detailed baking method introduced in “How to make brocade eggs”.
BeefSeasoning B (soy sauce, sake, mirin, 1 and 1/3 tablespoons of water, 1 teaspoon of sugar)Mix well in a pan, heat to boil and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes while loosening the meat → The method of making is the same as “meat udon”, so refer to it.
* In the recipe for “meat udon”, ginger is included when boiling, but Kawara soba has plenty of condiments, so you don’t need ginger.
Kawara soba recipe / how to make
In addition to the above two ingredients, prepare chopped green onions, sliced lemons (or combed slices), and grated maple, and when all are ready, start boiling tea soba (grated radish + grated radish) Substitute with).
Boil plenty of water in a pot and boil the tea soba according to the time indicated on the bag. When it is boiled, raise it in a colander and lightly remove the slime with running water (it does not need to be completely cooled).
After this, I fry it in a frying pan, but what is important here isEven after draining the noodles with a colander, the water still remains between the noodles, so press your hands tightly against the noodles to further drain the noodles.is.
Even while boiling the noodles, the amount in the pot150 ml of soup stock and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and mirinCombine and boil lightly once (to remove alcohol). When you eat it, you will have it boiled warmly, so please warm it again just before serving it on the table.
Put the vegetable oil in a large frying pan, heat it over medium heat, and add the tea soba. First, stir-fry the noodles and let the oil spread throughout.
After thatBake for about 1 minute on each side without moving both sides (the heat is about medium heat).. It is recommended that the noodles are a little crispy.
* It is OK to put the ingredients on the hot plate after baking it lightly instead of using the frying pan!
Arrangement / finishing of Kawara soba
Transfer the roasted noodles to a large bowl as it is, serve the cooked broth egg and beef in the center, and sprinkle the chopped green onions. Lemon and grated radish can be served together or separately.
Warm the soup and pour it into an inoguchi, put grated daikon radish in it, and add the ingredients and tea soba to the soup together!
* If you want to slice the lemon into round slices, put it in the soup with grated radish, or if you want to cut it into combs, squeeze it into beef or soup.
- It is recommended to add a small amount of boiled beef to the warm soup, as it will give you a rich flavor. Also, although I didn’t put it this time, it is also delicious to use chopped seaweed as a condiment.
- For Kawara soba, which uses beef, brocade eggs, and plenty of condiments, I feel that the taste is well-balanced by using “tea soba” as a dish. Lemon and grated radish are also hidden roles, so please try it once!
- Vessel information: Koharu kiln sea cucumber glaze 9 inch plate (black vessel with tiled soba)