X-Rite has just announced a new set of color management solutions, adding its existing ColorChecker to different sizes of the ColorChecker board to better suit each user's purpose. application, including photography and video management needs.
The ColorChecker Classic palette and other dimensions of the ClassicChecker Classic board are on sale at X-Rite's website as well as the world selling accessories page for sale at a price of about 80USD for standard ColorChecker Classic color palette, clicks From Nano, Mini, XL to MEGA will cost from 65USD to 1,875USD.
X-Rite is a well-known company specializing in specialized color management solutions for digital photographers, filmmakers and designers. X-Rite is commonly known for providing specialized hardware for managing, adjusting screen colors, calibrating color profiles for specialized printers and also famous ColorChecker tables for photographers. Photographers and filmmakers can manage colors when shooting and recording videos.
ColorChecker Classic is a color palette consisting of 24 different colors arranged in 4 rows, designed with color correlation, gradation as well as scientific black and white gradation, ColorChecker color palette is also a standard color palette for the industry's leading accurate color reference palette for over 40 years. It is designed to provide the most realistic color reproduction for photographers and filmmakers to control what colors will look in any light. Use ColorChecker Classic to create profiles for screenshots, scans and videos to help manage colors accurately for a wide range of photos and videos.
If you only know the ColorChecker Classic or the ColorChecker Passport Photo with easy-to-move protective plastic frames, now X-Rite has introduced other ColorCheckers with different sizes to fit. more with each user's specialized color management needs. This time, in addition to the standard size ColorChecker Classic, X-Rite also offers a different size set with size names such as Nano, Mini, XL and MEGA.
- ColorChecker Classic Nano: size 24mm x 40mm – Use for macro photography and close up with small size.
- ColorChecker Classic Mini: 6.4 x 11cm size – is a more compact version, only 1/8 of the size of the ColorChecker Classic board, used when you need a compact color reference table, taking up as little space as possible in the image area image.
- ColorChecker Classic XL: size 37 x 53cm – is an enlarged version of the ColorChecker Classic panel, used when you need to shoot in a large studio or need a telephoto shot at a distance or to test, set up light when shooting from far away…
- Classic Mega ColorChecker: size 100 x 152cm – is the most enlarged version of the ColorChecker Classic table, used when you need to shoot in a very large studio or need telephoto with a very long distance or to test, setup light bright when shooting from a distance …
- Mega ColorChecker: size 100 x 152cm – used for color management needs of professional filmmakers at large film studios or long distance, very far or used to check and setup light when shooting remotely …
Note that the material of the ColorChecker boards is paper and is printed with a specialized printer, it is not glossy, reflective and printed color is measured each color to give the best color accuracy, it is different from You have a ColorChecker design file and print it out with some expensive printers. And most of all, each ColorChecker palette has a certain amount of usage time, which means it will be discolored according to the exposure to the outside ambient light. That color, when the ColorChecker board is grayed out, you should replace it to achieve the best results.
Compare the size of the smallest ColorChecker Classic Nano palette with the largest Video Mega ColorChecker palette size
ColorChecker Classic Nano:
Classic Mini ColorChecker:
ColorChecker Classic XL:
Classic Mega ColorChecker:
Mega Video ColorChecker: