Service 148.chat based on location (country, city, state) to make call connections. But I find it only works on devices sharing the same Wi-Fi network, then it is successful.
If you need to make phone calls with friends at schools, work, offices, etc. that often share the same Wi-Fi network, 148.chat is a good choice when you don’t have to set up anything.
The service is simple to use, does not need an account, in which you have two calling modes:
1. Call the group:
With this mode, you can call up to 6 people.
– Open your browser and visit the home page 148.chat.
– At Group ChatYou set up the call room:
- Create an empty room: Create an empty room, you need to wait for everyone to join before you can get started.
- Enable location based: You choose your location so that the service connects people at the same location. I find this option you should ignore because it does not affect when using the same Wi-Fi network.
– Finally, press Call and allow the site to use the microphone.
Actions on chat participants do the same and the service will connect you with them.
2. Call a person:
Similar to group calling, but here you only call a maximum of one person.
– On the home page 148.chat, click Cross Line.
– Next, you set the properties for the call room.
- Gender Preference: Choose your gender.
- Enable location based: Choose your location.
– Finally, press Call to make a call.
With friends they do the same, preferably at the same time. When you want to end the call, press End Call.