According to ComputerBase, the cost of video cards is starting to drop by up to 50% in Europe. In addition, the situation of scarcity has also improved, sales of most GPU models from AMD and NVIDIA have doubled compared to the previous month. Previously, ASRock said that GPU prices are falling because Chinese farmers are no longer collecting mining cards as much as before.
Cards like the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 and AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT are down nearly 50% compared to the previous month. Meanwhile, top cards like the RTX 3080 and RX 6800 XT did not drop that much, only losing about 10-15%. Anyway, this is also a positive signal in a time of scarce components like the present.
In the US, GPU prices are also falling, albeit slower than in Europe. A member on Reddit named u/xclm did a card price list and discovered that on average all cards are 20% off in June compared to May, while top cards like the RTX 3090 are not. Up to 32% off.
This change is largely due to the fact that the Chinese government is tightening the mining of coins, and coins like Ethereum and Bitcoin are also falling in price. This makes farmers no longer rush to collect cards like before and at the same time forces them to release less cards. Although it will take some time for everything to stabilize again, this is still a positive signal for us gamers.
Summary of main ideas:
– In Europe, cards like the NVIDIA RTX 3060 and AMD RX 6700 XT are down nearly 50%.
– As for the top cards like RTX 3080 and RX 6800 XT, only about 10-15% off.
– At the same time, the shortage situation has also improved with the sales of most GPU models from AMD and NVIDIA doubling compared to May 2021.
– In the US, on average, all cards are 20% off in June compared to May, top cards like the RTX 3090 are down by 32%.
– The reason is largely due to the Chinese government’s tightening of mining, and coins like Ethereum and Bitcoin have also dropped in price.
– This makes farmersHe also rushed to collect cards like before, forcing them to discharge less cards.