Foreign schools in the US have extended the New START application process with 5 additional pictures 1The destroyer USS Monterey launches a Tomahawk attack missile. (Source: AFP / VNA)

Reuters reported that US Secretary of State Antony Blinken announced that the country had extended it Arms Reduction Treaty New strategy attack (New START) added 5 years.

“The renewal of the New START Treaty ensures we have verifiable limits on ICBMs (intercontinental ballistic missiles), and SLBMs,” Blinken emphasized.ballistic missile (launched from submarines) and heavy Russian bombers until 5/2/2026. “

Last month, the administration of President Joe Biden said it would seek to extend the New START, an arms control treaty that expires Feb. 5, limiting the deployment of no more than 1,550 strategic warheads by the United States and Russia each.

Earlier, on January 31, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that the new US administration had shown a political will, and Moscow and Washington were determined to reach an agreement to extend the Cut Treaty. Reduces new strategic attack weapons (New START) ./.

(Vietnam +)