Categories
Cars & Motobikes Random

Top 5 brands with the highest sales of electric vehicles in the world

[ad_1]

Tesla is still the brand with the highest sales of electric cars in the world in 2020, but will the American brand continue to maintain this position in 2021?

The EV Sales Blog has relied on the sales results to bring out the top 5 brands with the highest sales of PHEV and BEV vehicles in 2020. First of all, it is necessary to understand the two concepts: electric hybrid vehicle (PHEV) and convenient car. power (BEV).

Electric hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) is a vehicle with 1 internal combustion engine + electric motor and external rechargeable battery.

An electric vehicle (BEV) is a vehicle that uses only an electric motor with an external rechargeable battery.

Among the brands that sell rechargeable cars with rechargeable batteries, Tesla still ranks first, but its market share fell from 17 percent to 16 percent. Meanwhile, Volkswagen has risen from 6th to 2nd, which may soon become # 1.

In fact, in Q4 2020, VW Group achieved sales of 191,000 units, higher than sales of 183,000 Tesla vehicles.

Top brands selling BEV + PHEV cars the most in 2020 include:

1.Tesla: 499,535 (16% market share)

2. Volkswagen: 421,591 (13% market share)

3. SAIC: 272,210 (9% market share)

4. Alliance Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi: 226,975 (7% market share)

5. BMW: 195,979 (6% market share).

Top 5 with total sales of 1,616,290 vehicles (equivalent to 51.7% market share); The remaining brands sold 1,508,503 units (48.3% market share) out of a total of 3,124,793 units sold worldwide.

In another chart, if only the whole line of pure electric BEV cars is included, the result is still Tesla ranked first:

1.Tesla: 499,535 (23% market share)

2. SAIC: 243.201 (11% market share)

3. Volkswagen: 227,394 (11% market share)

4. Alliance Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi: 172,673 (8% market share)

5. BYD: 131,705 (6% market share)

Thus, the top 5 sales reached the top with 1,274,508 vehicles (equivalent to 59.5% market share); The remaining brands reached 866,803 units (40.5% of the market share) out of 2,141,311 BEVs sold worldwide by 2020.

.

[ad_2]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *