The[Car owner has something to say]event held on Webike’s online social platform is in full swing! This time, “ぽっぽやさん” will share his riding story with KH400!
Through the analysis and evaluation of the car owner on the car-KH400, let riders understand the advantages or disadvantages of the KH400 from multiple angles.
Basic vehicle information
|Motorcycle status||In possession|
|The most suitable use||General road travel|
|Recommended to such knights||People who can repair themselves even if they fail|
|Features||Quite popular with boys!|
Purchasing motivation, purpose, comparison of car models
Thirty years ago, a friend of mine asked me to buy it because he was in urgent need of cash at that time. The price was 80,000 yen (a used car that has been riding for 10 years is about this price).
After I bought it, I used to ride it for several years until I got a large motorcycle driver’s license, I changed to ride a large displacement car, but still kept it in the garage. In recent years, because of the resurgence of classic car models, I decided to take it out for repairs so that it can return to Mercedes-Benz on the road.
By the way, the second-hand price of KH400 in Japan recently started at about 2 million yen, which made me feel like I want to sell it.
1. It is a descendant of the MACH series, although the sound is not as rough as the MACH series.
2. Equipped with a two-stroke three-cylinder engine, although the displacement is only 400cc, but the power output is not inferior to the modern four-stroke engine.
3. Even if it is a 40-year old car, its handling performance is not bad, and the front brake is also equipped with disc brakes.
1. The fuel consumption is very poor (after all, it is a two-stroke engine).
2. If the mixing ratio is not adjusted properly, the exhaust pipe will emit black smoke and unburned oil will be discharged from the exhaust pipe.
3. After more than 40 years, it has also been promoted to the list of classic cars, and sometimes it is afraid of being stolen when parked outside.
Advice for future buyers
1. Among the old cars I own, its performance is second to none, but it is recommended that riders who are interested in it must have some maintenance skills by themselves. Of course, it would be better if there is a trusted store.
2. Old cars over 40 years old will inevitably have some minor problems, and some parts have been discontinued. It is not recommended for people who will lose patience with them due to malfunctions.
Future modification plan
Maintaining the current state, can ride smoothly without failing to be satisfied.
Related news pages
[The owner has something to say]Pure Tracker style! KAWASAKI「250TR」
The[Car owner has something to say]event held on Webike’s online social platform is in full swing!This time from “ジョィさん”… continue reading
[The owner has something to say]Defend the soldiers! KAWASAKI「GPZ900R」
The[Car owner has something to say]event held on Webike’s online social platform is in full swing!This time from “Vice Minister さん… continue reading
[Classic Garage]The infamous widow maker KAWASAKI “500 H1 MACH III”
The two-stroke locomotive commonly known as “black oil car” should be the memory of many fifth and sixth graders. The explosive power and pull of the second-stroke… continue reading
Source “Webike magazine”
“Webike Taiwan” editorial department compiled