Last month, Apple announced a limited revocation of old MacBook Pro. At that time, Apple explained that some 15-inch MacBook Pro models might experience battery overheating errors and cause a malfunction.
And today, the first 15-inch MacBook Pro actually encountered this problem. Steven Gagne shared a picture of his MacBook Pro on Facebook, saying it exploded and caught fire.
“That night when we were in bed, the MacBook Pro suddenly exploded and a small fire spread to our house. I jumped up immediately to see what happened. I often put my MacBook in a chair or in a basket with a notebook, magazine. Fortunately, I left it on the coffee table that day. ”
The most surprising thing is that Steven Gagne said that the MacBook Pro was not used at the time, it wasn't even plugged in.
Apple said the recall of 15-inch MacBook Pro was voluntary, and the affected models were sold between September 2015 and February 2017. You can also check out the MacBook Pro. If I am on this list or not, by filling in the serial number of the device here. If your MacBook is on the list, Apple will perform a free battery replacement.
Clearly, Apple was quick to announce a possible recovery and risk program, so Gagne's MacBook Pro detonated and caught fire and didn't make many users nervous and panicked. If Apple is slow to issue a warning, the problem with this MacBook Pro could spark a new scandal like the old Galaxy Note7.