Recently released not long ago, the True-Wireless Sony WF-1000XM3 headset has been updated with the new Firmware v1.3.0. This firmware was introduced to fix the problem of not playing sound on some Windows 10 builds, increasing the compatibility with Windows 10 and increasing the stability and performance of the headphones.
1. Conditions needed when updating Firmware:
- Sony Headphone Connect software is currently the latest version v5.2.0 or higher.
- Fully charge the battery of your phone and headset before updating the firmware.
- Two left and right headsets connect to each other and connect to the software on the phone.
- Update Firmware where there is a stable WiFi network connection.
2. Note when installing the new Firmware:
- Do not turn off the headset during the update process
- You should turn off the "Automatic power off function" on Sony Headphone Connect software to "Do not turn off", to prevent the headset from turning off automatically when not wearing the headset.
- Should turn off other peripherals such as smartwatch, wearable and not near devices using 2.4GHz wireless signal when updating Firmware.
3. New Firmware installation process:
If you are set to "Automatic download of software" (the default mode), once the headset is connected and the battery and internet are eligible, the software will automatically download and after the download is completed, the screen will appear. New update image.
If the software does not automatically update, it is quite simple, you just need to select the "More Info" in the notification at the bottom of the screen. On the Update Software screen, all you need to do is make sure Firmware is displayed as v1.3.0 and press Start.
Firmware update process can take up to 30 minutes (update file size is 934 KB).
You can still listen to music and movies during the update process, but the Google Assistant feature will be locked during the update process.
4. Check the Firmware version
After updating the WF-1000XM3 Firmware, it will disconnect then automatically reconnect. You can re-check the Firmware by: selecting the 3 dots in the upper right corner of Sony Headphone Connect software, then selecting WF-1000XM3 Version to confirm the current Firmware.
If the current 1.3.0 update is successful, otherwise you just need to restart the headset and restart the software to update it again.