USB is a very popular data storage device today, due to the convenience that it brings. However, these types of devices are compact and easy to be dropped, forgotten, if users are not paying attention. For every computer user, to own a USB at this moment is relatively easy and at a reasonable cost, depending on the needs of each person, there are USB users to copy music, movies, games, …
Instructions for setting USB password using USB Flash Security
- Before setting the password you should copy all the data in the USB because the program during the installation process will erase all data in the USB.
Step 1: Open the program, plug the USB into the computer, the installation interface below appears. Choose Install to install.
Step 2: In this step, you will notice that all data will be deleted during installation. Choose OK to continue.
Step 3: In this step we will enter the Password to access the USB in the section Please set the password to the disk of USB, set question suggestion in case of forgetting password at Please set a hint for the password to remember you. After the setup is complete we choose OK to continue.
Step 4: In this step notice the program will install to use 4GB of USB, select I have confirmed the contents, then select next -> to continue.
Step 5: In this step, it will notice that USB Flash Security will be installed on the USB and the data will be erased, select It doesn’t matter that data disappear, then select Begin the Installation to continue.
Step 6: In this step select Close to complete the USB installation.
Step 7: After the installation is complete, access Computer, the icon of the USB will be as shown below.
Step 8: Access to USB, then Double-click UsbEter.ex
– A box asking for password appears, choose after entering password OK.
– We access the Computer again, the icon of the USB as shown below.
From here, every time you access to USB, you will always have to enter the password. In addition, to manage and set up features for USB, you must open the program USB Flash Security.
Components of USB Flash Security application after setting password for USB
– The main interface of USB Flash Security
+ Operation: Remove the password to return the USB to its original state, check if the USB is unlocked or not …
+ Setting: Basic settings for the program.
+ Tool: Used to Format USB.
+ License: The copyright information.
+ Help: User manual, see version.
Remove the password of USB Flash Security and return to its original state
- The password can only be removed in case the USB is in a protected state. If you have entered a password to access the USB key, you need to disconnect the USB from the computer, then plug it back in before you can remove the password.
Steps to remove password:
- Plug the USB into the machine.
- Then activate the USB Flash Security software.
- choose Operation -> Uninstall … from the software menu.
In the framework of the above article, we have instructed you how to password protect USB using USB Flash Security software. By doing this, all data stored on the USB will not be accessed by others without unauthorized access. Also, you can consult and use the trick Prevent writing data on USB with USB WriteProtector to prevent other users from copying your data.