At CES, NVIDIA officially announced the GeForce RTX 30 series of graphics chips based on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture. At the same time, more than 70 laptops equipped with this series of graphics cards appeared. At the end of this month, game books and design books equipped with GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3070 mobile versions will be sold globally.
[PChome Exhibition Report]2021 US CES Consumer Electronics Show will be held online from January 11th to January 14th, Beijing time. The reporter team of this site will bring you timely, accurate and comprehensive exhibition reports. For more exhibition-related content, please click on the topic to view, address: http://ces.pchome.net/
In the early hours of this morning, NVIDIA officially announced the GeForce RTX 30 series of graphics chips based on the NVIDIA Ampere architecture at CES. At the same time, more than 70 laptops equipped with this series of graphics cards were unveiled.
·The new GeForce RTX notebook starts at $999
The new generation of laptops priced at $999 has a significant performance improvement of up to 2 times, and introduces the third generation of Max-Q technology for thin and light notebooks. The new RTX 30 series laptop GPUs bring stunning ray tracing gaming experiences to top games such as Cyberpunk 2077, and enable content creators to use hundreds of GPU-accelerated applications Incredible work.
Kaustubh Sanghani, vice president and general manager of NVIDIA GeForce OEM, said, “The NVIDIA Ampere architecture is powering the world’s fastest notebook computers after taking the desktop market by storm. The performance-to-power ratio is very important for gaming laptops in the past 7 years. Here, the gaming notebook market has grown 7 times. These new thin and light systems use NVIDIA Max-Q technology, and CPU, GPU, software, PCB design, power supply, heat dissipation and other aspects are optimized for power consumption and performance.”
Starting at the end of this month, GeForce RTX gaming notebooks and design notebooks equipped with GeForce RTX 3080 and GeForce RTX 3070 notebook GPUs will be sold globally, followed by the GeForce RTX 3060 notebooks.
● GeForce RTX 3060 supports the latest games to turn on super settings at 1080p resolution and run at 90FPS game frames. RTX 3060 laptops start at $999, which is faster than the previous generation of NVIDIA flagship GPU GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER laptops, which usually start at $2,500.
● GeForce RTX 3070 is a game beast designed for 1440p resolution. When the super setting is turned on at 1440p resolution, the game frame rate can reach 90FPS. The RTX 3070 notebook starts at $1,299, which is 50% faster than the RTX 2070 notebook.
● GeForce RTX 3080 is NVIDIA’s new flagship notebook GPU. It is equipped with up to 16GB G6 video memory and is the world’s fastest laptop designed for gamers and creators. Turn on the super setting at 1440p resolution, and the game frame rate can reach 100+FPS. RTX 3080 laptops start at $1,999.
·The third-generation Max-Q technology brings the best power consumption and performance
The third-generation Max-Q technology uses AI and new system optimization to make high-performance gaming laptops faster and more powerful than ever. These technologies include:
● Dynamic Boost 2.0: The CPU and GPU powers of traditional gaming notebooks are fixed, while games and creative applications are dynamic, and the requirements for the system will vary with the number of frames. With Dynamic Boost 2.0, the AI network will balance and continuously optimize the power consumption of CPU, GPU, and GPU memory as needed to achieve the highest performance.
● WhisperMode 2.0: WhisperMode brings a new level of voice control to the game, which is customized to every laptop after redesign. Once the desired mode is selected, the AI algorithm of WhisperMode 2.0 will manage the CPU, GPU, system temperature and fan speed to bring the best noise control performance.
● Resizable BAR: This advanced PCI Express technology allows the CPU to access all GPU memory at one time, bringing performance improvements to many games.
● NVIDIA DLSS: NVIDIA DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling Technology) uses AI and RTX Tensor Cores to bring up to 2 times the performance improvement under the same power consumption. To process a frame at 1440 resolution, a single GPU needs to calculate nearly 4 million pixels, while NVIDIA DLSS only needs to process a small part of the pixels, thereby improving efficiency and improving performance.
· Award-winning NVIDIA Ampere architecture, new tools
The new laptop GPU uses NVIDIA Ampere architecture streaming multiprocessors, which can bring twice the throughput of FP32 and the best energy consumption ratio, greatly improving performance. The new dedicated RT Core is twice the throughput of the previous generation, and the new third-generation Tensor Core has twice the throughput of the previous generation. It can power NVIDIA DLSS to accelerate performance.
The new laptop also brings new tools for gamers and creators: NVIDIA Broadcast, which can upgrade any room to a home live studio through AI; NVIDIA Reflex, which speeds up competitive games; GeForce Experience, which can share game videos and captures with friends Game graphics and live broadcast; NVIDIA Studio, to accelerate and optimize demanding creator applications.
Nearly three-quarters of notebook players are playing e-sports games, making high-refresh rate notebooks popular, and its sales doubled from last year. More than half of GeForce RTX 30 series notebooks will bring refresh rates of 240Hz or even higher.
With the powerful performance of GeForce RTX 3080 laptop GPU, gamers will be able to play “Overwatch”, “Rainbow Six”, “Valorant” and “Valorant” at a frame rate of 240FPS. Top games such as “Fortnite” (Fortnite). With the blessing of NVIDIA Reflex, players can achieve a system delay of less than 20 milliseconds and give play to their absolute advantage.
·GeForce RTX 30 Series Studio Notebook
Thanks to the NVIDIA Ampere architecture, the rendering speed on the Studio laptop is now twice that of the previous generation and 30 times that of the CPU rendering. Video editing can process 8K RAW material, use AI to simplify the workflow, and reduce encoding time by 75%. Up to 16GB of video memory allows artists to process huge amounts of material or multiple applications at the same time.
OEM partners ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and Razer all adopted the new third-generation Max-Q technology and launched a new NVIDIA Studio notebook computer equipped with a new GeForce RTX 30 series notebook GPU. Starting from January 26th, players can purchase GeForce RTX 30 series notebooks from global OEMs such as Acer, Alienware, Asus, Gigabyte, HP, Lenovo, MSI, and Razer, or through Shenzhou, Machinist, and Mechanical Purchased by notebook brands such as Revolution and Raytheon.