Cooking time: over 60 minutes
Here is a recipe for red rice that you can easily make using a rice cooker. It is a method of cooling the boiled cowpea juice, adding salt and sake to it, and cooking rice.
Rather than making it in a steamerMaking red rice with a rice cooker will give a softer overall finish., There is such a feature. Please also refer to the more authentic “red rice recipe made with a steamer”.
- Keywords for this recipe
- Bean dish (dry food)
- Homemade commercial products
- Vegan (no animal material used)
How to make red rice made with a rice cooker
Preparation of red rice offering
There may be regional differences, butHow to make red rice using “cowpea”, which is harder to tear than azuki beansIs introduced here.
First, wash the cowpeas quickly to drain them.Put in a potAdd 400 ml of water, Put on medium heat.
When it boils, turn the heat down to the weakestBoil the cowpea for 20 minutes(No need for boiled spills or watering).
Eat one after 20 minutes and make sure it’s cooked to the middle even if it’s hardened (if the fire is sweet, boil it for an additional few minutes while watching the condition).
If it is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and let it cool as it is (while it cools to the temperature of human skin, it will be cooked a little and the beans will be fluffy).
Preparation of sticky rice with red rice
While boiling the cowpea, lightly sharpen the glutinous rice and let it soak.The standard time for flooding is 30 minutes.).
Step ➀ When the boiled soup has cooled and the glutinous rice has been flooded, raise the glutinous rice to drain it, transfer it to the inner pot of the rice cooker, and add all the boiled soup to it (* The cowpeas are added only after the water has been added, so only the boiled juice!).
* For details on how to sharpen glutinous rice, refer to “Chestnut Okowa”.
After adding all the boiled cowpea juice,1 tablespoon of A seasoning sakeFirst,Add water up to the 2.5 scale(If there is a special course for Okowa, please use the scale as a reference.)
After completing the watering1 teaspoon salt of seasoning AAdd and lightly mix the whole to dissolve and mix the seasonings.
Finally, spread the cowpea on top and set it in the rice cooker.
Finishing / recipe of red rice made with a rice cooker
After setting it in the rice cooker, select the Okowa course, if any, and press the rice cooking start button.
When the red rice is cooked, mix the whole from the bottom and it’s done. When eating, sprinkle a proper amount of black sesame or black sesame salt!
- Comparing red rice made with a rice cooker and red rice made with a steamer,The one made with a rice cooker is softer overall and the color is firmly attached.Next,The color of red rice made with a steamer is a little lighter than that of a rice cooker, and the graininess of glutinous rice remains compared to a rice cooker, so the finish is more authentic as a rice cooker.Will be.
- If you like, use water that has passed through a water purifier or mineral water as the water for glutinous rice.
- If the rice cooker does not have an Okowa course, just like when cooking sushi riceSlightly less waterThen, try cooking with a regular rice cooking course.