Cooking time: 20 minutes or less
Pumpkin, onion, milk, butterMake a simple potage with. It doesn’t use fresh cream, so it’s a light drink.
By adding a little flour when the onions are fried, the mouthpiece will be very smooth!
- Keywords for this recipe
How to make a pumpkin potage
Pumpkin potage ingredients
This pumpkin potage recipe is250g of pumpkin is combined with 500ml of milk, so the finish is relatively light.is.
The aim isI wanted to make it easy to make and drink without using fresh cream so that it can be easily incorporated into the menu of everyday Japanese food...
Other than pumpkin and milk, onions and butter are used. Cut the onions into thin slices so that the fibers are cut off.
For pumpkin, remove the seeds and cotton with a spoon, and if there is calyx, cut it off and peel it.
After peeling so that the green color near the skin disappearsCut the pumpkin into pieces that are easy to cut, stabilize the pumpkin on a cutting board, and then cut it into 1 cm widths.
* Cut pumpkin is 1 cm thick, 3-4 cm square, and about the size is OK.
Arrange the cut pumpkins on a flat plate so that they do not overlap, and wrap them.Heat at 600W for 2 minutesTo do.
Take it out and stab a toothpick into the thick part to check the fire (if it is not cooked, heat it additionally and leave it almost cooked at this stage).
Preparation of pumpkin potage
Put butter in a pan and heat over low medium heat. When it melts and becomes hot, add onions and fry. Cook until the onions are clear.
If the onions are cooked, reduce the heat to low.Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of flour all over and fry immediately...
It doesn’t have a lot of butter, so it looks like it clings to the onions, but it’s okay. Fry for about 1 minute.
* Pumpkin potage tends to have a rough texture,By adding a small amount of flour, it will have a smooth texture and will be easy to drink...
Now pour 300ml of milk out of 500ml.. Increase the heat a little and warm the milk while mixing the onions and flour to loosen them.
Put the pumpkin heated in the microwave before boiling, turn it to extremely low heat when it boils, heat it for 1 to 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
* Heating after adding pumpkin means that there should be no uneven heating in the microwave.
Pumpkin potage recipe / how to make
Remove the pot from the heat and use a blender or food processor (even a handy type) to make a potage.
In the case of a mixer, transfer the lightly cooled one, and then add the remaining 200 ml of cold milk and mix. This will cool it completely, so put it in the mixer.
* A mixer with a large amount of water is easier to turn and take out, but when using a food processor, a mixer with a small amount of water is easier to mix. In that case, it is summarized in the supplement below.
It’s okay if the pumpkin becomes fine and potage-like (it’s best to leave the pot unwashed as it can be transferred to the pot that has been transferred to the mixer).
Take it out into a pan and heat it when you drink it. When warmed, add salt A (a little less than 1 teaspoon) and a small amount of sugar if the taste is not enough.
The soup tends to stick to the skin and bottom of the pot when it is warmed, so it is recommended to warm it while removing it with a rubber spatula or ladle... It is also recommended to sprinkle a little coarse black pepper along the bowl.
- The surplus potage can be stored frozen (the standard storage period is about one month).
- When using a food processor, I think it’s a good idea to put the completely cooled process ② on the processor, take it out, and then add the remaining milk and seasonings. However, if the food processor is small, it may exceed the volume capacity, so in that case, take out only the solid content of pumpkin and onions and make it into a paste.
- Adjust the balance between pumpkin and milk to your liking. The sweetness of the pumpkin itself also depends on the item, so it’s a good idea to judge whether to add a little sugar at the end by looking at the taste!