It was mentioned earlier this year, but until now, the USB IF organization officially announced the USB 4 standard with higher speed, supporting more advanced technologies.
- Support 2 data transmission lanes, increase bandwidth from 20Gbps to 40Gbps.
- With USB 4, only using a single cable can not only transfer data, images, power, but also do many things smarter and more efficiently.
- The USB 4 standard is still compatible with the USB 2.0 standard, supporting both Thunderbolt 3.
- More importantly, USB 4 has officially supported 100W charging via the PD standard.
- It is estimated that only half of 2020 will see the appearance of devices supporting the USB 4 standard, of course, supporting cables must be a prerequisite.
Read more about what's interesting about the USB4 Standard: it's 2 times faster, supports Thunderbolt 3