The 4th generation of the newly released Raspberry Pi computer. Raspberry Pi 4 brings a lot of hardware upgrades in every way. This includes CPUs that are upgraded to 3 times performance, Wi-Fi ac + Bluetooth 5.0 wireless network, optional RAM to 4 GB for $ 35 (1 GB RAM).
The 4th generation circuit board structure is similar to the previous generation of Raspberry Pi. New features are listed below:
- Power source: use port USB-C Replace microUSB with adapter 5V-3A, can use Nokia charger or Google Pixel, provide power 1.2A to peripheral devices using USB-A.
- Screen connection: use 2 gate HDMI microphone (type-D) replaces the previous full-size HDMI port. VideoCore GPU supports OpenGL ES 3.0, supports videos up to 4K60Fps
- Communication: USB is connected via PCIe Gen 2 protocol, providing 4 Gbps of total bandwidth for 4 ports 2x USB 3.0 and 2x USB 2.0. 1 Gbps LAN port is compatible with PoE HAT.
- Wireless connection: use dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0
The hardware of the Raspberry Pi 4 works on the Broadcom BCM2711 SoC platform with processor quad core 1.5 GHz multiply Cortex-A72. This platform supports LPDDR4 RAM, the system's storage memory provided via microSD card slot.
Raspberry Pi 4 was sold on June 24 with many options including:
- 1GB RAM: 35 USD
- 2GB RAM: 45 USD
- RAM 4GB: 55 USD
- Kinneir Dufort protective case made by T-Zero – plastic box design: $ 5 price.
- Power supply USB-C 5V-3A Ktec: 8 USD
- Kit worth 120 USD including 7 accessories: including Pi 4 4GB RAM, keyboard & mouse, HDMI cable, power, 32GB memory card.