On Tuesday, the Colorido studio officially announced the addition of two actors and two scenes for the movie Nakitai Watashi wa Neko o Kaburu (Wanting to Cry, I Pretend to Be a Cat). The film is scheduled to open in Japan on June 5.
The newly announced cast includes:
- Minako Kotobuki plays Yoriko Fukase, Muge’s best friend
- Kensho Ono plays Masamichi Isami, Hinode’s friend
- Susumu Chiba plays Yōji Sasaki, Muge’s father
- Ayako Kawasumi plays Kaoru Mizutani, the girlfriend of three Muge
- Sayaka Ohara plays Miki Saitō, Muge’s mother
- Daisuke Namikawa plays Tomoya Sakaguchi, a young man who works in the pottery factory of the Hinode family
Along with some actors:
Mirai Shida plays Miyo (left) and Tarō. Natsuki Hanae as Kento (right picture below).
Kōichi Yamadera as Cat Storekeeper (left image below) and Hiroaki Ogi will play the role of GVCN Kusugi-sensei (on the right).
The team of human resources involved in the project includes:
- Co-director: Junichi Sato and Tomotaka Shibayama
- Studio: Studio Colorido
- Script: Mari Okada
The original story is about searching for the nature of Tokoname, Aichi and focusing on Miyo “Muge” Sasaki. She is a weird second year high school student who falls in love with a classmate named Kento Hinode. Muge resolutely pursues Hinode every day, but this guy doesn’t pay any attention to this girl. However, there was a secret inside her that she couldn’t tell anyone. Muge has discovered a magic mask that allows her to transform into a cat named Tarou. This magic allowed Muge to draw closer to Hinode, but in the end it was unable to turn her back into a human.
Follow TinAnime on Instagram