Cooking time: 30 minutes or less
If you find the half body of mackerel, I definitely want you to try it.“Mackerel Soboro”is.
If you keep it in stock as a regular dish, you can make a great use of it for rice bowls, bento boxes, small mixed rice and stir-fried foods.
[Estimated storage: Refrigerate for 3-4 days]
- Keywords for this recipe
- Green onion
- Regular vegetables
How to make mackerel soboro (mackerel flakes)
Mackerel soboro material
This recipe is made with[mackerel half body + green onion + ginger]. You can make delicious mackerel, either “true mackerel” or “blue mackerel”.
* When purchasing mackerelRecommended because it is easy to prepare the one without the middle boneis. If possible, it will be easier to do it if you also have your abdomen removed.
* Since the mackerel is made by scraping it out with a spoon, it is easier to do it if you compare the half body with the two slices for boiling. However, you can also make simmered fillets.
Cut the ginger and green onions before preparing the mackerel (while the chopping board is clean).
Finely chop the peeled ginger and green onions and place in a frying pan.
* The amount of ginger and green onion is delicious even if it is slightly different, so it has a wide range. Also, the green onions have a better color when they have a blue part, so I always add them.
How to scrape the mackerel
Place the mackerel on a cutting board with the skin down.There is a small bone called “bloody bone” in the center of the mackerel’s body, so scoop out the body in half (dorsal side → ventral side) to avoid it.
First, scrape out the[thick dorsal side]. With a large spoon, as shown in the photo, scrape yourself from the head side to the tail side.
* It will be difficult if the bloody bones collapse and you cannot find the whereabouts of the small bones, so it is best not to hit the spoon in the middle of your body.
If the mackerel fillet has abdominal bones, check this out too!
The mackerel’s abdomen can be easily removed from the body, so there is no need to use a kitchen knife. Pinch the bones with your fingertips and remove them one by one.
The abdominal bone may come out from the center of the body (where the middle bone was), and the root part may be stuck. In that case, pull it off. At the end, use your fingertips to check that all the abdominal bones have been removed.
Check the edge of the fillet as it may have a shortened abdominal bone that was cut when making the fillet.
After scraping the body of the[thick dorsal side]the next step is to scrape the body of the[thin ventral side]with a spoon in the same way.
At the end, as shown in the photo, leave only the red part of the mackerel, which is called blood, in the center of the mackerel (there are small bones at regular intervals in the center).
The scraped meat can be loosened to some extent with chopsticks or a spatula in the heating process, but if you tap it lightly with a kitchen knife, it will be finished in a finer and rag-like shape.
For reference when carefully removing the body of the bloody part!
If you can afford the bloody part, I definitely want to add it to the soboro, so please take out only the bloody part while leaving the small bones.
Check the position of the small bones (since the back is on the left and the abdomen is on the right this time), and insert a knife slightly to the right of the small bones (then the central blood bone and the ventral blood blood will be separated. ).
Insert the knife until it doesn’t cut the skin, and then push your finger in firmly. Then the skin and body will come off, so remove only the bloody body.
The rest of the bloody part has curved small bones, so I think it’s enough to take a place that can be scraped off with a spoon without using a kitchen knife.
The bloody body becomes a little hard when cooked and it is hard to loosen, so it is good to cut it into small pieces with a kitchen knife.
Mackerel Soboro (Flake) Recipe / How to Make
Add 1.5 teaspoons of oil to a frying pan and heat over medium heat. When the aroma comes out, add all the mackerel meat.
Use chopsticks or a spatula to loosen and heat the mackerel.
If the color of the mackerel changes and the fire goes through,Seasoning A (1.5 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 3 tablespoons sake)Add and mix quickly.
When it boils, reduce the heat a little andIf the mackerel is big, use chopsticks or a spatula to loosen it.And the finish will be sloppy (you can loosen it as you like).
After adding the seasoningIf you boil down the juice for 3-4 minutes, The broth will remain on the bottom of the frying pan.
Rather than completely removing the juice, it is better to leave a little juice and moisturize the mackerel soboro, so turn off the heat until the broth remains thin.
When the heat is removed, put it in a storage container and store it in the refrigerator.[Estimated storage: Refrigerate for 3-4 days]is.
Put the heat on the rice and sprinkle some peppers on it if you like.Mackerel soboro bowlIs also recommended, and please try various other things such as lunch boxes.
- What is blood bone?Small bones in the red part (blood) in the gap between the back and abdomenis.
- This time I introduced a method that does not use watering,If you have bones, you can remove the bloody bones one by one before scraping with a spoon.is.
- The top photo of the process photo is a fillet of mackerel on the top and mackerel on the bottom.