As a music player and software watch MP4 movies and many other fairly professional formats, Windows Media Player gives users the best and simplest experience without having to install many software.
Version Windows Media Player 12 brings many new improvements, in which how to use Windows Media Player version 12 is also quite simple and does not have much difference compared to version 11, but how to use Windows Media Player 12 will be concise and more efficient. In particular, the list of Windows Media Player’s keyboard shortcuts version 11 can still be used easily in version 12.
- See also: How to use Window Media Player 12
Summary of keyboard shortcuts in Windows Media Player
These are mostly the basic shortcuts in Windows Media Player 12, but you need to manipulate the full Windows Media Player shortcuts on the software’s window to achieve the desired effect.
* Windows Media Player shortcut key combination controls properties of video, music
– Ctrl + P: Play or pause a file (music, video)
– Ctrl + S: Stop playing a file (music, video)
– F9: Increase the volume
– F8: Turn down the volume
– F7: Mute
– Ctrl + B: Play a file in front of the current file in the list
– Ctrl + F: Play a file next to the current file in the list
– Ctrl + Shift + B: Rewind
– Ctrl + Shift + F: Fast forward
– Ctrl + Shift + G: Play faster than normal speed
– Ctrl + Shift + N: Play at normal speed
– Ctrl + Shift + S: Play slower than normal speed
* Combination of keyboard shortcuts Windows Media Player supports copying from Audio CD
– Alt + C: Copy tracks – tracks on an Audio CD
– Alt + S: Stop copying songs
– Alt + A: Display album names of tracks to find and update information about them from the Internet. Or hide album information.
– Alt + I: Show or hide information about the album.
* Combination of keyboard shortcuts Windows Media Player control support in Media Library
– Alt + I: Show or hide information about albums.
Alt + A: Display the menu from the Play List button in the Media Library window
– Alt + S: Hide / show the search dialog
– Alt + N: Search for collections
Alt + D: Display the menu from the Add button in the window.
– Ctrl + N: Create a new playlist
– F1: Help
* Keystrokes Windows Media Player Support copying songs to CD or other devices
– Alt + A: Modify the created playlist
– Alt + C: Copy the currently selected files to a CD, or other device
– Alt + L: Stop copying files
– Delete: Delete the currently selected files
– Ctrl + 2 times + sign: Make the columns Title, Status, Length, Size automatically change the width to fit the content inside it.
– Ctrl + J: Remove the CD / DVD from the machine.
– F5: Update information in the frames of the window
* Shortcuts Windows Media Player in the File command menu.
– Alt + F: A book of commands in the File menu
– Ctrl + O: Open a music, video file
– Ctrl + U: Find a URL on the Internet to play music and video files
– Ctrl + W: Close or stop playing a music, video file
– Ctrl + N: Create a new playlist.
– Ctrl + D: Edit the list of current tracks
– Alt + F4: Exit Windows Media
* Shortcuts Windows Media Player in the View command menu
– Alt + V: Book of commands in the command menu View
– Ctrl + 1: Display as a music library
– Ctrl + 2: Display as the selected skin interface
– Ctrl + 3: Display the music playback interface
– Ctrl + M: Display the command menu bar in the default window mode
– Ctrl + I: Take a picture from a DVD
– Alt + Enter: Display video in full screen mode
– Alt + 1: Display video at 50% ratio
– Alt + 2: Display video at 100%
– Alt + 3: Display video at 200% ratio
* Shortcuts Windows Media Player in the Play command menu
– Alt + P: Book of commands in the Play command menu.
– Ctrl + H: Play tracks, videos in the list randomly out of order
– Ctrl + T: Repeats the list when the last song in the list is over
– Ctrl + Shift + C: Turn on and off titles and subtitles tracks, videos
– Ctrl + E: Open or close the tray of CD / DVD drives
Shortcut is one of the simple tools to help users quickly activate any feature. Especially the keyboard shortcuts in Windows are an effective assistant for many users. If possible, you should download the kit keyboard shortcuts in Windows and practice on your own to enrich the real world experience.
- See more: Keyboard shortcuts in Windows
The top competitors to Windows Media Player today also have names like KMPlayer or Media Player Classic. Particularly for software KMPlayer is a powerful music and video player with high definition image processing capabilities, for experience watch film HD smoother, flattering eyes. Meanwhile, Media Player Classic is an interesting retro video player. Specially, Media Player Classic also supports watching many formats besides MP4 such as FLV, MP3, …
The process of using will inevitably cause some errors. Therefore, if you encounter the situation that Windows Media Player cannot watch the video, you can manually fix the error Windows Media Player cannot watch the video through installing the K-Lite Code Pack for the software. Hopefully, the sharing of Windows Media Player keyboard shortcuts will help you somewhat when using Windows Media Player more effectively.
- See also: Fix error Windows Media Player cannot watch video