High school exams and university entrance exams have just passed, surely the students have somewhat determined their opportunities in the future. When entering the life of students, in addition to luggage is knowledge and psychology, learning tools are an extremely important factor. Phong Vu would like to send you a few instructions on how to buy laptop for students.
For students, equipping a laptop is essential in the present day, regardless of whether you study nature or social studies, the laptop is always a support. Take full advantage in all your learning, entertainment and connection activities in this new life. With the study of credit-based training methods, students are required to be proactive and self-aware in their learning, in addition to the university environment being a place to encourage creativity and self-exploration, so interacting with lecturers will be more limited than high school students. Understanding the trend of young students, manufacturers have also produced many laptop products for students in the cheap or mid-range segment fully capable of ensuring the needs for you. But students should also note some of the following criteria:
1. Select the machine configuration to suit the needs and disciplines
Before choosing to buy any product you need to consider carefully your needs. Especially for laptops that are a great help for you in the future, think carefully about building a foundation for this "friend".
- The first is the IT industry. A lot of people have wrong thoughts, such as information technology, need a laptop with a really high configuration. However, when you just stop learning basic programming, low-end or mass-produced models can also respond well. Of course, the stronger the performance, the better the support, but this is not the first priority. You will have to manipulate the keyboard and look at the computer screen for hours every day so these two factors are exactly where we need to put it first. After that, it will reach battery life and portability because the laptop will be with you for most of the day, but there is not so much socket for you to sit there all day. Another note is that at this time, students who study IT should buy Window Laptop because most universities still teach on this operating system, maybe you will hear that Macbook will support better code, this is completely true by Terminal on Macos stronger than CMD on Window, but the current Macbook line has a lot of odd errors and high cost. Selecting Window Laptop models with CPU from 6th generation onwards including power saving version can also meet the needs. Some laptop models you can refer to are the cheaper Thinkpad T480s, the Thinkpad L580 and the price range of less than 20 million, the HP Pavilion 15 is the perfect choice.
- For those of you who study design, even if you design 2D or 3D or create images. If only stop at 2D image design, the current ultrabook models will be enough. In return, the screen color coverage must also be 90% or more in order to best support. If you're working on rendering and designing complex drawings, consider lines laptop workstation to have quadro discrete cards that support very well for these specialized software.
- For the economy, basic science and office in general, the demand for hardware power will not be the first choice. The content and programs you will have to work with are just very basic office software such as Microsoft Office toolkit, statistical software packages like SPSS, SAS and STATA. The demand for online learning and entertainment is as basic as: listening to music, watching movies, surfing the web … can be balanced to depend on financial conditions as well as demand. Laptops for students of these sectors are usually medium priced products and focus on user convenience. While not focusing too much on hardware, it is still recommended to prioritize CPUs such as Core i5 8250U and prioritize RAM capacity. These industries may need to handle a large number of Excel files with dense computational intensity. In addition, you should consider choosing models with additional number keys for more convenience in data entry. You can refer to the HP Pavilion 15 model, which has a price of just under VND 16 million, but has a sturdy metal design and a very good configuration in the price range but still has a nice 15.6-inch display and handy numeric keypad series.
- Group of gamers: Gamers will definitely have a higher demand than other groups especially in system hardware issues. To meet the demands of playing heavy games on the current market, gamers often choose high configurations of products. gaming laptop – often higher than other product lines. Previously, a mid-range gaming laptop usually costs 25 million VND or more, the price can be up to several tens of millions depending on the brand and the value of the hardware inside each product. However, now with the increasing market competitiveness and more developed technology, only 15 million you can buy Laptops with good gaming ability. For example, the Asus F570 is equipped with GTX 1050 graphics card while the price is only 15 million. Or a little higher, we have MSI GF63 with a price of just under VND 20 million but have been equipped with the latest Core i5 9300H chip today.
2. Learn about the specifications of laptop products for students
In order to be able to choose a laptop product that suits your needs, the ability to identify and understand the machine's specifications will also have a big impact on the decision to buy the device. For male students who are engineering students or passionate about science and technology, reading and understanding the specifications of laptops is very simple. For girls who do not have much knowledge or experience with technology products, it is best to seek suggestions from knowledgeable men or advice from salespeople. Here are the basic specifications that everyone should know when deciding to buy a laptop for students:
CPU: The CPU is like the computer's brain, which governs and controls most algorithms to make sure your computer works. The more modern the CPU, the stronger the ability to handle heavy tasks of the machine, the access and processing of high-capacity files will become much smoother and easier. Accompanied by modernity is the "power harm", the more powerful the CPU will consume more power for your device. Currently, in the laptop market, most products are equipped with Intel CPUs because of their popularity and product quality.
To distinguish, Intel Celeron is Intel's lowest CPU line, used in low-cost devices and can only meet the most basic needs; Intel Core series Including U-series, M-series and Y-series, these products are integrated with very good power saving capabilities, most of which are used for thin, light and compact laptop products. Products. Followed by the most popular CPU line on the market is the Intel Core i series line of codes Core i3, Core i5 and Core i7. In laptops for students with basic learning and entertainment needs, you can choose Core i3 or Core i5 CPU products. For those who have high demand for hardware power to handle high-end graphics or heavy gaming, they should choose Core i5 and Core i7 HQ series and HK series. These CPUs provide extremely high-performance tasks with tasks such as graphics processing, editing, and 3D image editing, plus the ability to Overlclock for users. professional computer.
RAM: RAM is a temporary data storage unit while the CPU is processing. The unit for modern computer RAM is GB – Gigabyte. The RAM parameters in a laptop will determine whether your system can run more applications and ensure the application is always running smoothly. Currently, most laptops are equipped with 4GB of basic RAM, with this number, the basic work and entertainment requirements can be relatively assured. For those who have a high demand for heavy-duty or high-configuration gaming, it is possible to consider upgrading to 8GB or 16GB of RAM if needed. Another important parameter of RAM is DDR4 – the standard of modern computer RAM. DDR4 RAM has higher speed, higher quality and more power saving.
Hard Drive: A hard drive (HDD) is a data storage component of a computer, including operating system data, programs, files, etc. With a hard drive, you need to pay attention to their capacity and speed. . The capacity of modern hard drives is calculated on both Gigabyte and Terabyte (1TB = 1000 GB). Laptops on the market are mostly equipped with a 500GB hard drive that can be used for relative storage. If there is a need, you can upgrade to higher capacity hard drives like 750GB, 1TB or 2TB with large storage needs. The rotation speed of the hard drive determines the speed of retrieval, reading its data during use. Most basic hard drives have speeds of 5400 rpm (round per minute – round per second). With high demand, encourage you to upgrade hard drives with speeds of 7200 rpm or invest in a solid-state SSD for better storage capacity and higher access speeds than HDD hard drives. Installing the operating system and important programs on the SSD will give you a great speed to use, the ability to start up the device very fast and smooth.
VGA: VGA – The video card is an important device and requires consideration when buying a laptop product. This device functions to handle computer images and graphics tasks such as color, resolution, contrast, detail and image quality displayed. For those of you who have basic needs, there is no need to pay much attention to this device because in the CPUs there are integrated onboard graphics units capable of ensuring basic needs already. VGA only becomes important for those who need to handle high quality graphics, movie editing, 3D drawing or heavy gaming. Currently Nvidia's removable VGA is often popular for gaming laptops.
Screen: Current popular laptop screen sizes are usually 13 ″, 14 ″, 15.6 ″ and 17 ″. The bigger the screen, the higher the size and weight of the laptop. Pay attention to the resolution, not only for those who have graphic requirements but also you can basically choose a FullHD screen to ensure the most comfortable experience.
Laptop battery: Battery is a device that ensures power supply for active laptops. In addition to depending on the power consumption of the components in the laptop, battery cells also play an important role in determining the battery life.
Character keyboard and touch keyboard: These are two handy devices available on every laptop. Choose the keyboards that you feel like the best typing experience, considering which keyboards are equipped with backlighting if you have to work in low-light environments. Touch keyboard should also be checked carefully to ensure normal use. Laptops for students often have buttons
After studying thoroughly the configuration and specifications of the system, students should consult the selling price of the product. Often retailers will offer different price differences for a product, the main difference is after sales service and product quality. If you are knowledgeable about hardware, it is possible to calculate the price of the devices inside the laptop you are planning to buy, thereby determining if the price that the distributor is selling is the best price. It is too expensive. Because laptops for students have many segments, understanding and pricing information also help students equip a system that suits their needs.
4. Prestige of manufacturers and retailers
Find out the information about the product lines that the manufacturer is focusing on, the students should choose the famous brands, have time to participate in long-term business activities in Vietnam and trusted by believers. Learning about product segments also helps you choose a laptop for students that best suits you, at affordable prices. In addition, the reputation of the retailer is also an important factor in the purchase. Similar to the manufacturer, choose reputable, reputable retailers and always ensure quality, origin and after-sales service in a standardized way. Phong Vu is confident with the reputation and experience of participating in the computer retail market in the past 21 years, always thinking of considering customers as their relatives, commitment to product quality and quality of support services. support.
Hopefully, with the above useful information, you have more knowledge in choosing to buy a Laptop product for the most suitable students. In addition, you can also examine some Laptop models in the price range of 10 – 20 million for new students entering the school here.