At IFA2019, Audio-Technica continues to launch two new True-Wireless models, ATH-CKS5TW and ATH-CKS3TW, of the Solid-Bass product line. The two new models of earphones are quite affordable for only 149 USD for the ATH-CKS5TW model and 99 USD for the ATH-CKS3TW model.
After the launch of the True Wireless ATH-CKR7TW and ATH-SPORT7TW headphones, not much success with a lot of technical problems. The products ATH-CKS5TW and ATH-CKS3TW were introduced to solve many problems of their predecessors, along with a more competitive price, easy to access to users. Here are the highlights of the two new models of headphones:
- Both models will use Qualcomm's new connectivity standard, TrueWireless Stereo Plus, which makes connecting two headphones more stable and reducing signal latency more than before.
- Both headphones support AAC and SBC codecs, but only ATH-CKS5TW has aptX codecs. Bluetooth 5.0 standard with the ability to connect two devices at the same time.
- Both models use the new USB Type-C charger, replacing the previous Micro-USB port
- The battery life of ATH-CKS5TW is quite impressive with 15 hours of continuous use only with headphones and charging case can charge up to 30 more hours. The cheaper model ATH-CKS3TW has a 6-hour battery life of headphones and a 24-hour charging case.
- ATH-CKS5TW uses the mechanical button control on the housing surface of the headset, while ATH-CKS3TW uses touch-sensitive control.
- Qualcomm cVc (Clear Voice Capture) noise cancellation microphone, for guaranteed quality voice.
- The two new models are both IPX2 water-resistant, so they can be used for jogging or light exercise.
- Surprisingly, ATH-CKS3TW supports virtual assistants like Google Assistant and Siri, while higher-end models ATH-CKS5TW do not support this feature. The reason given by the company is to ensure sound quality, battery life and the ability to easily control on / off the headset.
- In terms of sound quality, ATH-CKS5TW uses a 10mm diameter dynamic driver with two-layer drivers using two different hardness materials PEEK and TPU. The chamber is also designed to optimize the bass range similar to the previous Solid Bass inear headphones.
- The ATH-CKS3TW Series uses a smaller dynamic driver with a diameter of 5.8mm
- Both products will use a new proprietary eartip for better soundproofing and wearing comfort
- ATH-CKS5TW models come in three colors: black, blue, and cream while ATH-CKR3TW will be available in four colors: black, white, blue and red.
The ATH-CKS5TW model will go on sale in September this year while the ATH-CKS3TW will be available in November.