Speaking at a press conference held in Madrid, Spain, Huawei eventually admitted that the business was seriously affected, although only temporarily. Pablo Wang, the leader of the company's consumer products business in Spain, confirmed sales were down 25-30% last week, shortly after Google announced a stop. It wasn't until Thursday last week that there was a bit of improvement, but overall it has not recovered. In some places, sales are gradually returning as early as May, when there was no ban.
He also told the company now that service quality and new customer satisfaction are the most important, not market share, sales. When asked about the future of Android devices, including updates and access to Google services, Mr. Wang repeated the company's previous commitments. Huawei ensures customers can be assured of using the device without worrying about interruption. However, he also acknowledged that new phones like the P30 and P30 Pro are unlikely to have an Android 10 upgrade, which is expected to be released in the third quarter of this year. Huawei may not be able to guarantee the upgrade of the operating system core, but they will send EMUI interface updates.
From the position of the world's second largest smartphone company, Huawei smartphones are flooded with mud
The two latest products, the Honor 20 and the Honor 20 Pro, do not yet have a specific release date. The company said that it is waiting to collect all necessary certificates, but will not cancel the product release. It can be said that Mr. Trump's ban smashed Huawei's ambition to overthrow Samsung, as well as pushing the company's smartphone business into paralysis. Users who are selling off the device, even the flagship P, Mate flagship models are also offered for a low price. While some partners claim to stop ordering new Huawei phones, or stop purchasing old phones. From the position of the world's second largest smartphone company, Huawei smartphones are flooded with mud.