Puppet Warp is a very powerful image adjustment tool and with Puppet Warp you can create many creative photo effects.
Puppet Warp can be very useful for many situations, such as shaping hair and repositioning body parts. You can distort the image by moving the pins on the Puppet Warp grid.
In this video you will learn how Puppet Warp works in Photoshop and how you can take advantage of all the options available in the tool.
Puppet Warp options
- Mode: Determine the elasticity of the mesh.
- Density: Determine the distance of the grid points. The more points you have, the better detail control you have, but it also requires more processing time.
- Expansion: Expand or narrow the edges of the mesh.
- Show Mesh: Deselect to display only the pins, making your adjustments easier to see.
How to enter Pupet Warp
- Select the layer you want in the Layers panel.
- Choose Edit → Puppet Warp.
The keyboard shortcuts of Puppet Warp in Photoshop
These are the Photoshop shortcuts that are available to you while in Puppet Warp.
- Ctrl A (Mac: Command A) – Select all pin points.
- Ctrl D (Mac: Command D) – Deselect all pin points.
- Shift-Click any pin point to select multiple pin points.
- Hold H key to hide pin points. Click again to display it again.
- Alt-click (Mac: Option-Click) on a pin point to delete it.
- Holding Alt (Mac: Option) click on the pin point it will show a circle allowing you to rotate that pin point.
- Press the Esc key to cancel.
- Man Jumping
Video from PTC Channel