The status bar at the bottom of File Explorer tells you how many items are inside and selected for the currently open folder. The two buttons below are also available on the right side of the status bar.
6) = Change the current directory layout to detailed view.
2) = Change the current directory layout to large icon view.
This tutorial will show you how to hide or display the status bar in File Explorer on Windows 10.
Setting the status bar to hide or show in File Explorer is the general setting that is applied to all folders and not just the current folder.
To show or hide the status bar in File Explorer using folder options
1. Open Folder Options.
2. Click the tab View, select (default) or deselect Show status bar in “Advanced settings” for what you want and click OK, got it
To show or hide the status bar in File Explorer with the REG file
The downloadable .reg files below will modify the DWORD value in the following registry key:
1. Follow step 2 (to hide) or step 3 (to show) below for what you want to do.
2. To hide the status bar in File Explorer, download this file and go to step 4 below.
3. To display the status bar in File Explorer, download this file and go to step 4 below.
4. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Double click on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
6. When prompted, click Run> Yes (UAC)> Yes> OK to merge approval.
7. If you currently have File Explorer open, close and reopen or navigate to another folder to apply the changes.
8. If you like, you can now delete the downloaded .reg file.