The following article shows how to fix STOP: 0x00000024 on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Instructions to fix error 0x00000024 in Windows 7, XP and Vista
- About STOP error: 0x00000024
- The cause of error 0x00000024
How to fix STOP: 0x00000024 on Windows
- Method 1: Using Easy Recovery Essentials
- Method 2: Run chkdsk
- How to prevent STOP error: 0x00000024
About STOP error: 0x00000024
Error STOP: 0x00000024 appears at startup. The problem started with the NTFS file system driver.
Other possible causes of this error are a fragmented hard disk or a problem with some antivirus software.
Below is the full text of this error, but note the following technical information *** STOP: 0x00000024 and *** Ntfs.sys is a specific computer.
Your calculator may display different values after these headers.
The following parameters *** STOP Specifies the source file and line number information (Parameter 1), the address of the exception record if NtfsExceptionFilter is on the stack (Parameter 2) and the address of the if context record NtfsExceptionFilter is on the stack (Parameter 3).
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM If this is the first time you've seen this error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed ardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode. Technical information: *** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001902F8, 0xF1534434, 0xF153414, 0xF8408BAB) *** Ntfs.sys - Address F7B50024 base at F7B4A000, DateStamp 45d6a04b Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete. Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.
The cause of error 0x00000024
This error has been known to occur due to a faulty NTFS file system driver. The Ntfs.sys file mentioned in the blue screen error is used to read and write to NTFS partitions. When this STOP message appears, your computer is in a forced reboot state, meaning that any unsaved work while working is likely to be lost.
How to fix STOP: 0x00000024 on Windows
Note: Some of the solutions below require using a Windows installation CD or DVD. If your PC didn’t come with the Windows installation disc or if you no longer have Windows setup media, you can use Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows instead. EasyRE will automatically find and fix many problems and can also be used to resolve these problems according to the instructions below.
Method 1: Using Easy Recovery Essentials
Easy Recovery Essentials automatically fixes STOP: 0x00000024 errors using the built-in Automated Repair option. EasyRE is available for Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8, and can be downloaded and created on any PC.
1. Download Easy Recovery Essentials. Make sure to select the correct version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, or 8) before downloading EasyRE. See this guide determine the installed Windows version of Quantrimang.com.
2. Burn the image. Follow the instructions on how to burn the bootable ISO file carefully, as creating a bootable CD is so difficult! Alternatively, you can create a bootable EasyRE recovery USB.
3. Boot your PC from the CD or USB Easy Recovery Essentials that you created.
4. When EasyRE is running, select an option “Automated Repair” and click Continue.
5. Select “Automated Repair” trong Easy Recovery Essentials.
6. After EasyRE scans the drives on your computer, locate and select the drive letter for your Windows installation from the list, and then click the button. Automated Repair to begin.
7. Select the drive associated with the Windows installation you are trying to fix.
8. Easy Recovery Essentials will begin analyzing the selected drive to identify problems. EasyRE will check and try to automatically fix errors on drives, partitions, bootsector, file system, bootloader and registry. You do not need any intervention, as EasyRE’s repair feature is completely automatic:
9. Easy Recovery Essentials searches and fixes errors for selected Windows installation.
10. When the process is complete, EasyRE will report the results. Click the button Restart to restart your PC and check the changes.
11. Error STOP: 0x00000024 will be fixed when the PC starts to load:
12. Windows starts up successfully.
Method 2: Run chkdsk
You can run chkdsk from the Recovery Console of the original installation CD:
1. Insert the Windows installation CD.
2. Reboot the computer from the CD.
3. Press any key to boot from CD.
4. Press R when you get to the menu Windows Options for access Repair Console
5. Enter the admin password.
6. When Command Prompt appears, type the following command, and then press the key Enter:
chkdsk C: /f /x /r
Inside C: (without slash /) is the drive letter of the Windows installation drive.
The above chkdsk solution can be applied to Windows XP, Vista and 7.
How to prevent STOP error: 0x00000024
You can prevent this critical error message by checking if you have enough RAM. The computer may run out of available RAM.
If you have replaced the RAM stick recently, try removing the new one and then reinserting the old ones to check if the error message appears.
When the computer is working, consider checking the drive. Here are the steps to access the console Error-checking in Windows:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Right click C:, where your Windows version is installed and choose Properties.
3. Select tabs Tools from the window.
4. The first item is “Error-checking”, where you need to click “Check Now..”
5. Make sure it is optional Automatically fix file system errors selected.
6. Click Start.
You can prevent data loss with Easy Recovery Essentials tool for Windows. This software is able to fix the critical STOP errors.
Use EasyRE to access computer files if Windows won’t start or use the built-in Internet browser to fix errors right from the computer.
Hope you are succesful.