In the past, the default web browser on the iPhone was always Safari and the email browser was Apple’s pre-installed app. However, since Apple released iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, users can completely change the Safari web browser and default mail application with other applications according to preferences and habits. To change, you can follow the instructions below. How to do is updated to iOS 14.4.2.
Change the default web browser on iPhone
When you buy a new iPhone, or run the software again, your default web browser will be Safari. To change, you can go to a different default web browser, you can follow the steps below.
– Step 1: Install the web browser you want to use by searching on the App Store. You can choose Chrome, Coc Coc or Firefox … etc.
– Step 2: Go to the settings and then scroll down to find the newly installed application in the image, for example, Chrome.
– Step 3: In the Chrome application, select the (Default Browser App – Default Browser App) and then check the web browser you want to use.
Thus, you are done converting the default web browser on iPhone from Safari to another application.
Change the default email browser on iPhone
You can follow the steps below to change the default email app on iPhone.
– Step 1: Install the email client you want to use from the App Store. The popular mail applications are Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook … etc.
– Step 2: Go to settings and then scroll down to find newly installed apps or find apps in the search. The example in the picture is the Gmail app option.
– Step 3: In the Gmail app, select (Default Email App) and select the mail application you want.
Note when changing the default web browser and mail app on iPhone
When changing both the default browser and the default mail application on the iPhone, if you cannot find the desired application it is because it does not support compatibility with iPhone. This means that you can only use the available apps that are currently supported.