As you know AutoCAD is also not gentle, Windows is getting more and more errors and if unfortunately the AutoCAD file is frozen or the blue screen happens to Windows is completely possible. So why don’t we Auto AutoCAD file backup to limit the loss of save files, if there is lost, it will only lose the save file at the time not too far.
And for those who are reading here will spend 1 minute to see how to automatically backup AutoCAD files in particular.
How to backup AutoCAD files automatically
Step 1: First, to automatically backup the AutoCAD file, we just need to open any file, because the AutoCAD file backup automatically applies all files in AutoCAD. Open the file and click right corner software icon.
Step 2: Here, a menu panel will appear, look down we click Options.
Step 3: In the Options section, move to the item Open and Save, Here you choose to pay attention to the section File Safely PrecautionsThat is the section that allows you to set up AutoCAD files to backup automatically, of which include:
– AutoSave: will save your drawing periodically according to the number of minutes you specify. The draft file path is specified in the system variable SAVEFILEPATH – This variable is very important, when you have a sudden power failure and need to find out where the autosave file is, type SAVEFILEPATH on the command line to see the path. Because sometimes the path is not on the default locations. The file name is set in SAVEFILE (this variable is viewable only but cannot be edited). The save times can be directly changed by modifying the SAVETIME variable. Note that when you use the block edit command (like bedit or refedit), the autosave function will not take effect.
– Create Backup Copy with Each Save: create a bak file every time you save the drawing. can be changed directly with the ISAVEBAK system variable.
– Full-Time CRC Validation: check the CRC data each time the object is read into the drawing. Turn this function on if you are concerned about hardware or software failure.
– Maintain a Log File: Write the content of command prompt to log file. To determine the log file name, see the system variable LOGFILENAME.
– File Extension for Temporary Files: Determine the extension of the file to be autosave.
– Security Options and Display Digital Signature Information: for drawing security.
Step 4: To be more careful you can Automatic save time setting minutes are reduced to ensure no effort is lost while working with AutoCAD.
Step 5: In addition, we can also be proactive in choosing where to backup AutoCAD files automatically by clicking Files section > Select Automatic Save File Location and double click on it.
Step 6: Then you just need to click on the folder you want to place the AutoCAD file backup automatically.
Finally, the auto AutoCAD file backup location was successful, later if you want to restore that AutoCAD automatic file backup file automatically go to this directory.
With the guidance of automatic AutoCAD file backup in the article ElectrodealPro really necessary for those who regularly work with this software. Not only AutoCAD, but also a lot of software today has an automatic file backup feature that helps users recover files in case of unexpected errors.
For AutoCAD users, what is the most important thing when first using it, it is not a 1 or 2 tutorial on how to do this and that which is the shortcut commands in AutoCAD. Learn the shortcut commands in AutoCAD, it is like the keyboard shortcuts, it will help players to use more proficient in AutoCAD, so readers must note this.
In AutoCAD there are not only shortcuts, but also AutoCAD keyboard shortcuts that are also basic introductions that the user really has to pay attention to. With graphics software like Photoshop AutoCAD shortcuts To help save more time, the same AutoCAD shortcuts, especially when the shortcuts are combined with AutoCAD shortcut commands, will increase the efficiency of using this software.