Car driving technique is very important, because it greatly affects the speed of handling and the accuracy of steering wheel.
Automotive driving techniques
There are 2 techniques of hitting the steering wheel car The basics are: cross-wheel steering and push-pull steering.
Push and Pull steering is usually used when the vehicle is traveling at high speed. This way of steering wheel has the advantage of smooth steering, flexible operating range for precise orientation, and can handle unexpected situations quickly. In the event of a collision, the airbag has a safe space to expand, not harming the driver.
Instructions on how to drive push-pull cars (assuming the case of driving so that the car turns to the left):
- Put both hands in the highest position on the steering wheel – at 12 o’clock
- Left hand pull the steering wheel to the left direction bring the steering wheel down to the lowest point – position 6 o’clock. Now the right hand holds the right side.
- Right hand push the steering wheel in the right direction bring the steering wheel from 6 o’clock up back to 12 o’clock.
- Continue with the pull down and up movements like that
Cross the steering wheel
Hand over hand is often used when the vehicle is running at low speed. This way of steering wheel has the advantage of driving faster. Besides being able to be active with more force, suitable for use in heavy-duty sports cars such as BMW models or oil-assisted steering car Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, Nissan Terra…
However, this way of hitting the steering wheel of this car has the disadvantage that it is easy to obstruct it in case the airbag inflates. Because your hands are crossed in front of the steering wheel, if the car collides strongly, the airbag inflating can cause your hands to hit the face. Therefore this steering technique is recommended only for use when the vehicle is traveling in the street at low speed.
Instructions to steer the vehicle’s cross-arm steering wheel (assuming the case of driving to let the car turn to the left):
- Put your hand in the standard way of holding the steering wheel is at 9:15 minutes (also known as 9 o’clock – 3 o’clock)
- Right hand and left hand push the wheel to rotate to the left
- When your left hand is down near a low point like 8 o’clock, let go of your left hand and cross your left hand upwards at 12 o’clock or 1 o’clock.
- Continue with the pull down and cross arms like that
Crossing hand wheel rotation technique is a collection of sequential movements in sequence. If you really can master the steering wheel and vehicle speed when cornering, it is not necessary to hold the steering wheel in the correct position as above. If you calculate the steering wheel rotation angle, you can flexibly choose the grip position of the two hands as you like.
This steering method includes steering wheel rotation steps that require high precision, both hands must operate quickly and correctly. Absolutely not let the steering wheel rotate freely when stepping.
Note when hitting the car steering wheel
When stepping on the steering wheel of a car, it is important to note:
- Do not rhyme the steering wheel with the palm of the hand because the palms are often sweaty, so it is easy to slip, very dangerous.
- Do not rotate the steering wheel by grasping the steering wheel because the range of action is very limited.
- It is possible to rotate the steering wheel when reversing the car with one hand, but many experts recommend practicing the habit of rotating with 2 hands to better control the steering force.
In order to steer the steering wheel accurately, easily and flexibly, it is necessary to regularly check and maintain the components of the steering system on the vehicle such as the steering wheel, the steering wheel, the steering pump, the wheel angle, the condition. tire… If found the car is off-wheel, the car is distracted, the car is off the steering wheel, the steering wheel is heavy… need to check and fix the car as soon as possible. Besides, it is also necessary to check the steering wheel adjustment, adjusting the seat to get the most comfortable sitting posture.