So Google announced details about Stadia, the new cloud gaming platform that could threaten traditional game play. Stadia will start operating this November, users can reserve the Founder’s Edition package from today for $ 130, the monthly service price will be $ 10. Here's all you need to know.
Time of launch
Google Stadia will begin operations this November, in 14 countries and territories, without Vietnam. At the time of launch, Google said there would be at least 31 titles from 21 publishers. Users can pre-order the Founder’s Edition package for $ 130, which includes a limited edition gaming console.
Not a subscription model
Many people believe that Stadia is a subscription model, that is to spend a monthly amount to play favorite games but not so: Stadia is not a subscriber gaming model. Google will provide a package called Stadia Pro, which costs $ 10 a month, but only lets you use Stadia in the highest experience, including a 4k 60fps stream game with 5.1 HDR and audio, requiring 35Mbps network bandwidth, in which Includes access to free and discounted content for game purchases.
By 2020, Google will release a free package with 1080p 60fps and stereo audio and requires 10Mbps network bandwidth to stream games in HD resolution.
Thus, Stadia does not work as a subscriber, but you still have to spend money to buy the games you like.
Founder’s Edition package
From now on, users can reserve this package for $ 130. Which includes a Chromecast Ultra device, a limited edition handle navy blue and 3 months Stadia Pro service for 2 people.
Compared to retail purchase, assume you are given the Chromecast Ultra device. You can use it to plug into a gaming TV, which is good for Stadia. You can play games on many devices, even TVs can play blockbuster games with the highest quality.
In addition, Google will also develop Stadia to play on many other devices, including Android phones, or even Chrome web browsers. As long as you have a strong Internet connection. Previously to play games need a strong enough configuration, now the Internet is strong enough. Google is an Internet company.
Talking about other platforms like iOS, Google hasn't shared details yet, but says their goal is to expand Stadia as wide as possible. It is understandable that Stadia will be available on iOS, but it is unclear when.
The navy blue handle, only the Founder’s Edition package is available. The remaining colors are white, black and blue wasabi. These handles cost $ 70, which is cheaper than the Xbox or PlayStation hands.
List of games in the first round
This is a list of the first games that will appear on Stadia. Google said this is not a complete list, which they will announce at E3 next week.
- Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 – Bandai Namco
- DOOM Eternal, DOOM 2016, Rage 2, The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: Youngblood – Bethesda
- Destiny 2 – Bungie (donated when buying the Founder’s Edition package)
- Get Packed – Coatsink (exclusive on Stadia)
- GRID – Codemaser
- Metro Exodus – Deep Silver
- Thumper – Drool
- Farming Simulator 19 – Giants Software
- Baldur’s Gate 3 – Larian Studios
- Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid – nWay Games
- Football Manager – Sega
- SNK Shownown – SNK
- Final Fantasy XV, Tom Raider Definitive Edition, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Shadow of the Tomb Raider – Square Enix
- NBA 2K, Borderlands 3 – 2K Games
- Gylt – Tequila Works (exclusive)
- Mortal Kombat 11 – Warner Bros.
- Darksiders Genesis – THQ
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Trials Rising, The Crew 2 – Ubisoft