(Techz.vn) If you use Google, your location and other sensitive or private information are automatically shared. Here’s how to change this hidden default setting.
According to an investigation from the Associated Press, simply opening the Google Maps app or using Google on any platform to search will record your location with time.
Turning off location history only removes where you’ve been from the Google Maps Timeline feature, which records your location with certain data at a specific time.
Even with location disabled, “some location data may continue to be saved in other settings,” such as your web and app activity. If you take a few more steps, you can prevent Google from knowing where you are 24/7.
You should also note that disabling this default setting has some limitations. While Google’s settings may seem intrusive to some, they also help enhance an extremely personalized online experience, such as through personalized advertising.
- Step 1: Open Google.com on your desktop or mobile browser.
- Step 2: At the top right, sign in to your Google account if you’re not already signed in.
- Step 3: Select Manage your Google account.
- Step 4: In the Privacy & Personalization box, select Manage your data and personalization.
- Step 5: Scroll down to Activity controls and select Manage your activity controls.
- Step 6: There you will see a box named Web & App Activity. From there, you can slide the toggle switch to off.
- Step 7: There will be a disclosure to make sure you understand what disabling this setting will do before you select Pause.
Thus, from now on it will be difficult for Google to track your location continuously, thereby ensuring maximum privacy.