From last year until now, six Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 1.
Random Tech News

From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists


One of the best things about visiting Nara, Japan, is walking with obedient deer. They even bowed their heads in thanks if they were fed by tourists.

And with more than 2 million visitors coming last year, the Nara deer are almost completely overstated and sometimes, unable to stand up because of overfeeding.

However, although the provision here only allows visitors to buy senbei biscuits for deer rugs, many people have ignored this. According to Nara deer welfare association, many deer have died in the last few months, because they have swallowed too much plastic into their stomachs.

Over the years, Deer Nara has had a peaceful life with people and visitors

A veterinarian from the association said that on March 23, they found a sick deer near Todaij temple.

Despite being 17 years old, the female deer weighs only 30kg (lack of 10kg to achieve a healthy level) and refuses to eat or drink anything. While not yet determined the cause, it died the next day.

The examination showed that the stomach of the poor animal was occupied by more than 3kg of hard plastic and nylon bags.

Deer have a digestive system similar to cows and sheep with 4-compartment stomach and ruminant behavior. However, the accumulation of plastic garbage caused this process to be interrupted, animals could not eat anything more and lead to death. Simple to understand, it lost its life because of the plastic surge.

From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 2.

Creator gave digestive deer to eat plants, not plastic

The same case happened last year. So far, eight Nara deer have died due to various causes, six of them died from eating too many indigestible things, culminating in 4.3kg of plastic waste in the stomach.

Nara city authorities have posted signs, insisting that deer can only eat senbei cookies. In addition, deer cannot distinguish between food and plastic garbage.

From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 3.
From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 4.

Only for Nara deer to eat senbei biscuits

In order to partly limit visitors to bring nylon bags to deer park, the Nara government has sold all kinds of eco-friendly material bags for VND 285,000.

From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 5.
From last year until now, 6 Nara deer have died because of plastic waste of tourists - Photo 6.

According to S.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *