In the previous section, we learned about the Fourth Industrial Revolution or the 4.0 Industrial Revolution. These technologies are still growing and creating new moves in terms of technology.
This section continues to be two more transitions based on a survey of the World Economic Forum's Forum on the Future of Software and Society.
Shift 3: Eyes become the new interface
Outbreak: 10% of reading glasses connect to the internet.
By 2025: 86% of respondents predict this breakthrough will happen.
Smart glass is no longer strange to us, the most prominent is Google Glass. However, this is only the first example in many possibilities of devices such as smart glasses or eye tracking devices that can turn into intelligence in the future. All of them turn what the eye sees into a means of accessing the internet or connecting to a wide area network.
With direct use of internet applications and visual data, the experience of an individual can be enhanced, supported or upgraded to create a lifelike virtual reality. In addition, with new eye tracking technologies, devices can provide information through the visual interface, while eyes can become sources for interaction and feedback.
Turning vision into an instant interface, directly by giving instructions, images and interactions can be a change of way of doing things like learning, navigation, guidance and feedback on production. products and services, experience entertainment and support for people with disabilities, creating conditions to help people approach the world more fully. With the fourth industrial revolution, the more IOT system developed, the stronger the wearable devices with stable network.
- Instant information for individuals to help them make a decision about the way and personal or business activities
- Strengthen the capacity to perform tasks or produce products and services with visual assistance for production, healthcare / surgery and service provision
- Allows people with disabilities to control interaction, movement and experience of the world.
- Distracted distraction, can cause accidents
- Negative psychological impact when experiencing negative virtual reality
- Increasing tendency to leave reality and addiction
- Create new areas in the entertainment industry
- More information growth
Moving is happening:
The types of smart glasses are appearing on the market more and more. For many manufacturers who are interested in this area sooner or later will lead to competition and create new developments. Virtual reality technology is also growing. In general, our current technology has been able to:
- Allowing freedom to manipulate on a 3D object or enhanced virtual reality.
- Directly provide all the information you need to expand fta ghosts when you see something, the way your brain works.
- Instantly display content from maps, restaurants and many other services as soon as you go through them.
- Project an image or video onto any plane.
Shift 4: Internet worn on people
Outbreak: 10% of the population wear internet-connected clothes
By 2025: 91% of respondents predict this breakthrough will happen.
Technology is growing and also comes with more personalization. Most new technologies are currently on handheld devices like phones and watches. And soon all of them will soon be integrated directly into our accessories and clothing.
- Improve health, increase life expectancy
- Increase self-control
- Self-monitoring of your own health
- Reduce the number of missing children
- Clothing is more personalized
- Privacy is monitored
- It also causes a tendency to escape practically and easily addictive
- Data security issues
- Help identify in real time
- Changes in interaction and personal relationships
- Image recognition and personal data are available
Moving is happening:
The team, called Gartner, estimates that about 70 million smart watches and other hand-worn products were sold in 2015. That was four years ago, now 2019 this number has increased to more than 100 million products.
Mimo Baby has created a very popular child monitoring device, which provides information about children's breathing, posture and movement to their tablets or smartphones. . This is controversial about determining the boundaries between support and giving solutions to a problem that does not exist. In this case, the supporters say that the device helps children sleep better, and the opposition says that the sensors cannot replace parents.
Another company, Raplh Lauren, has developed a sportswear that can provide real-time workout data by measuring sweating, heart rate, breathing rate and other mineral indicators.