table of contents
- Stir-fried tori and cucumber with Zha cai
- Stir-fried tomato and egg with oyster
- Stir-fried pork top and peppers with Zha cai
- Salted mapo tofu with plenty of vegetables
- Chinese steamed chicken breast and vegetables
Zha cai has a unique saltiness and crunchy texture. It is a vegetable of the mustard greens and is often eaten raw in China, but pickles are common in Japan. Zha cai pickles are often used as a topping for ramen or as a chopstick rest for set meals, but when added to stir-fried or steamed foods as a seasoning for cooking, they give an exquisite accent! Here are 5 main side dishes made with Zha cai.
Stir-fried tori and cucumber with Zha cai
[Materials for 2 people]
Torimune meat … 1 small (about 200g), seasoning (liquor, sesame oil … 1 teaspoon each, salt … a little less than 1/4 teaspoon, pepper … a little), cucumber … 2 bottles, zasai (flavored) … 20g, garlic Finely chopped … 1 piece, chopped ginger … 1 piece, combined seasoning (small pieces of red pepper … a little, white sesame … 2 tablespoons, sake … 1 tablespoon, soy sauce … 2 teaspoons, sugar … 1 teaspoon, water … tablespoon 1), teaspoon powder, salt, sesame oil
[How to make]
1. Cut the chicken meat into 1 cm thick pieces, soak in the seasoning, add 1 tablespoon of potato starch and mix. Cut the cucumber in half vertically, slice it diagonally, and sprinkle with a little salt. Cut the Zha cai into small pieces.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a frying pan, place the meat side by side, turn it upside down, and bake until the color of both sides of the meat changes. Add garlic and ginger and fry. When the scent comes out, add cucumber and fry.
3. When the cucumbers are a little soft, add Zha cai and seasonings and fry quickly.
(367kcal for 1 person, salt content 2.8g)
Add Zha cai to Chinese stir-fried chicken meat and cucumber to add richness and umami. The crunchy texture is also a fun dish. Cucumbers should be fried quickly to leave a crispy texture. It can be done in 10 minutes, so it is recommended for busy days.