Fleetio is a complete cloud-based fleet management solution that tracks vehicles, drivers and vehicle parts. Founded in 2012, the company is already present in more than 80 countries and has treated more than 250,000 vehicles and operators.
Fleetio’s solution is suitable for fleets of different sizes and seeks to reduce the complexity of a fleet management product. It does this by automating fleet operations, enabling asset life cycle management, fuel consumption and also supporting the personnel who use these vehicles.
Like many other cloud-based solutions, it focuses on collaborative efforts and aims to reduce the use of tools such as spreadsheets.
(Image credit: Fleetio)
Fleetio is transparent in terms of price list and contractual details on its platform. It offers two different plans, and the basic level called the Pro plan starts at $ 75 per month for 15 vehicles on an annual basis. The advanced level is available at $ 105 per month, also on an annual basis for 15 vehicles. This translates to $ 5 and $ 7 respectively per vehicle per month. A monthly payment option is $ 1 more expensive (per vehicle) for any of the plans.
The Pro plan is for organizations that have outsourced vehicle maintenance to third-party providers, while the advanced plan is suitable for companies that manage vehicle maintenance in-house. The company offers a 14-day free trial.
There is also a business plan for large fleets with complex requirements. Fleetio offers a free demo and prefers that companies contact it directly for pricing with this plan.
Here is what the company offers you with the Pro and Advanced plans:
- Pro: This plan offers asset profiles to store detailed records of vehicles, equipment, trailers and other types of fleet assets. Administrators can provide role-based access to an unlimited number of users to work in a collaborative environment. It also facilitates geo-location alerts, fuel monitoring and analysis, vehicle inspections, API and integrations, and much more.
- Advanced: You get all the features of the Pro level as well as additional features such as work orders, parts management, inventory tracking, Fleetio Parts mobile app, webhooks for events or data transfer based on triggers to other systems, purchase orders, etc.
Image 1 of 4
(Image credit: Fleetio) Image 2 of 4
(Image credit: Fleetio) Image 3 of 4
(Image credit: Fleetio) Image 4 of 4
(Image credit: Fleetio)
Fleetio offers a range of services, including maintenance and fleet management, in addition to simple vehicle tracking. It allows the administrator or operators to optimize costs by allowing them to manage fuel, drivers and assets in a controlled and transparent manner.
The company offers two different mobile applications: Fleetio Go and Fleetio Parts. The latter only focuses on moving parts and inventory management and is only available with the advanced plan. Both apps are available for free on iOS and Android at these respective app stores. The Fleetio dashboard is a cloud-based solution and is therefore independent of the operating system.
The service can be divided into three main categories: Mobile Asset Management, Fleet Asset Management and Integrations Driver Management. Let’s take a closer look at them now.
Mobile asset management: This covers the entire life cycle of a vehicle and helps to easily manage fleet operations.
- Vehicle and equipment management: This helps administrators keep track of vehicle inventory, driver assignment history, important dates and more. Important vehicle-related documents such as purchase or loan documents, total cost of ownership, etc. can be stored electronically, allowing easy and quick access for affected users.
- Fuel management: Efficient fleet management means optimizing the energy efficiency of the entire fleet. Since the system can be updated through integrations, imports, the app, or the website, it keeps administrators up to date in real time every time a driver completes a fuel transaction.
- Total cost of ownership: Decision makers are continuously provided with data that helps them stay on top of the real costs of fleet management, allowing them to make an informed decision about replacing old vehicles with new ones. A breakdown of all vehicle-related expenses such as loan payments, maintenance, fuel, telematics subscriptions, etc. is available in this section. This helps identify cost reductions and improve fleet profitability.
- VIN decoding: Fleetio VIN decoding eliminates the need for manual data entry as it automatically retrieves vehicle specifications, including details on engine and transmission, wheels and tires, dimensions, weight and payload, and even fluid capacity levels directly from manufacturers. This helps to ensure the use of correct and correct spare parts and to better understand the limits of a vehicle.
- Vehicle allocation: Keep administrators informed of the availability of drivers and vehicles. This feature is extremely useful for scheduling reports on vehicle usage, distance traveled and more.
- Vehicle location history: This most important section tracks vehicles daily by providing a comprehensive overview of vehicle location data and collaborating GPS data from various sources such as inspection reports, fuel entries, vehicle entries. service and GPS integrations.
Fleet maintenance management: This section mainly covers vehicle service and maintenance data as well as inventory reports and more.
- PM planning: This tracks, automates, and predicts recurring service activities. Automatically scheduling a vehicle’s service based on its history not only ensures quick maintenance, but also increases vehicle availability across the fleet.
- Inspection: This fleet management software comes with customizable vehicle inspection forms. Timely inspections help identify faulty items and trends similar to any specific problem with one or more vehicles.
- Problem management: Allows drivers to report problems directly from their mobile app by keeping administrative staff informed in real time of problems with the vehicle, failed inspection items, etc.
- Maintenance workshop integrations: Integration with the workshop allows for a streamlined maintenance process, and all invoices can be stored and consolidated electronically.
- Service history: Electronic and automatic logging of service records keeps track of vehicle service history, as well as setting up automatic reminders, recording service dates, and more. It also makes it easy to identify recurring problems and allows decision-makers to assess maintenance costs.
Pilot integrations and management: Fleetio allows the integration of different services to increase functionality. As a result, the software can automatically gather details such as odometer readings, vehicle location and fuel card expense alerts, and it can track each vehicle, services, documents and other records allowing people to find key data using a central dashboard. Since Fleetio software allows an unlimited number of users, it has options for assigning role-based access.
(Image credit: Fleetio)
Fleetio offers email support as well as a dedicated hotline that is available weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. The company is hosting webinars and podcasts to help users. Fleetio also has a dedicated YouTube channel where it continues to publish informative guides.
Fleetio offers comprehensive fleet monitoring services and helps to effectively manage various aspects of the entire fleet. The company has received various positive reviews on sites like Capterra, but note that it is not yet listed on the Better Business Bureau or Trustpilot.
- We have also selected the best robust tablets