Atomos has released a new firmware update for the Ninja V that adds a number of new features including a time lapse mode and cross conversion with the SDI AtomX module.
• Added the ability to record a time lapse sequence into a single video file.
• Recordings are possible in ProRes, DNx and ProRes RAW over HDMI or SDI.
• Ability to define the capture of sequence by changing:
– the number of frames/seconds captured
– captured every frames/seconds/minutes/hours
– for the duration specified in frames/seconds/minutes/hours
Compatibility mode for both HDMI and SDI inputs to improve signal locking from certain cameras
• HDMI input compatibility.
• Use with Z CAM.
• Use with the Canon EOS – 1D X Mark III on 4Kp50 and 60 video. • SDI compatibility.
• Increased stability of input and output locking for 12G SDI.
Monitor Leica L-Log gamma in BT2020 gamut
• Supported Leica SL2S Only.
• Updates for other models will be available in future firmware releases.
Additional features for AtomX SDI Module
• Cross Conversion of an HDMI/SDI video source:
• Added the ability to convert incoming Non-RAW HDMI video to SDI video. • Two simultaneous SDI outputs are possible.
• Added the ability to convert incoming Non-RAW SDI video to HDMI video. • Downscale and crop video while converting the signals listed above.
• Output HDR versions of the signals listed above after cross conversion.
The firmware update is available from the Atomos website.