We may earn a commission if you make a purchase from the links on this page.
Certainly Apple’s most anticipated phone in years – the 5.4″ iPhone 12 mini – is finally here, and all the rumors that had compact phone lovers brimming with excitement actually materialized. Yes, it’s even smaller than the iPhone SE, and, yes, it is as powerful but at a cheaper than iPhone 12 price. Hey, even the display is a 1080p OLED panel, and it has the same camera set as the iPhone 12!
How much does the iPhone 12 mini cost with trade in and where can I buy it?
- Storage versions: 64G/128G/256G
- Prices: $699/$749/$849 on Verizon and AT&T, or $729/$779/$879 at T-Mobile or unlocked
- Colors: blue, green, black, white, and (PRODUCT)RED.
- Display size and resolution: 5.4″ 1080 x 2340 pixels OLED 60Hz Super Retina XDR Display with Ceramic Shield Front Cover
- Processor and RAM: Apple A14/4GB RAM
- Cameras: 12MP main + 12MP ultrawide cameras, f/1.6 aperture, 7P lens
- New iPhone 12 camera features: Deep Fusion 2, Smart HDR 3, Night Mode Timelapse
- 5G connectivity with Smart Data Mode
- 15W wireless charging
- No charger or headphones in the iPhone 12 mini box
Buy iPhone 12 mini from Apple.com: get up to $220 off with trade-in deal
You can get up to $220 off with eligible device trade-in with Apple. To benefit from a hefty trade-in discount, you have to trade-in an iPhone 7 or newer. You can also trade-in Android phones, such as the Galaxy Note 10. The newer the phone is, the better the trade-in offer. Keep in mind that the trade-in phone has to be in good working condition to benefit from a trade-in discount. For the newest flagship, for example a phone from the iPhone 11 series, you can get even a bigger discount. You can purchase either an unlocked iPhone 12 mini, or a carrier-locked one.
AT&T has the best iPhone 12 mini trade-in deal, at the price of free
- iPhone 12 mini for $29.12 a month or $699 before trade-in at AT&T
Right now, new or existing AT&T subs will be able to get the latest 12 mini gratis. Here’s what you need to do in order to qualify for the free iPhone 12 mini offer:
- Purchase an eligible smartphone on a qualifying installment agreement, including taxes on full retail price (upfront), and a $30 activation or upgrade fee.
- Add a new line of service, or upgrade an existing line.
- Activate postpaid unlimited wireless plan for at least $75/month for new customers before discounts.
- Trade-in a phone in good working condition with a minimum trade-in value of $95 for $700 credit ($35 for $350 credit) within 30 days of activation.
- Get $700 in bill credits with trade-in value of at least $95 ($350 with trade-in value of $35 to $94) spread over 30 months.
As you can see, you can easily trade in a complete clunker of a phone and get a shiny new iPhone 12 mini – the world’s most compact and most powerful 5G phone in its class, sweet!
Apple iPhone 12 mini price, deals and availability on Verizon
While its mmWave 5G network is ultrafast, Verizon isn’t really a contender in nationwide coverage compared to T-Mobile. Concurrently with the iPhone 12 mini announcement, however, it unveiled availability of its 5G Ultra Wideband service in 55 more cities, 43 stadiums and arenas, and seven airports, calling it “5G Nationwide service” that according to its calculations is available to more than 200 million people in 1,800 cities in the US.
- iPhone 12 mini starts at $29.16 per month for 24 months on Verizon device payment (0% APR, $699.99 retail).
- Get up to $750 off with trade in deal. New line required.
- Upgrade and get up to $412 with trade-in.
- Buy one, get another up to $700 off deal. New line required.
- Apple Music, with over 70 million songs, thousands of playlists, daily selections from the world’s best music experts, the groundbreaking Apple Music radio, and innovative features like time-synced lyrics, is currently included, at no additional cost, in Get More Unlimited. And for those choosing Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited or Start Unlimited, you can still get six months of Apple Music free.
- Get Verizon Stream TV for free with purchase.
- Enjoy up to a year of PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now for free with purchase.
Apple iPhone 12 mini prices and deals on T-Mobile
- iPhone 12 mini from $24.37 a month for 30 months, or $729 before trade-in
- Free iPhone 12 mini with eligible trade in and new line of service
- Retail or business customers who have been with T-Mobile, including Sprint, for 5+ years can get a $200 rebate on any new iPhone when they trade or turn in any active iPhone on an eligible plan. This can be combined with the half off deal for savings of up to $750.
Get the iPhone 12 mini on T-Mobile/Sprint at Best Buy:
iPhone 12 mini AT&T deal at Best Buy (no trade in required)
Apple iPhone 12 mini deal at Target