Interesting facts about the owner of the Amazon empire, partly depict his achievements in business.
1. Bezos’ fortune can increase to 6.44 billion USD in just a few hours: On October 26, after the company reported third-quarter earnings, Amazon shares were up more than 8%, or each share is up about $ 79.64 compared to the previous day. And as the company’s CEO, owning about 81 million shares of Amazon shares, he made $ 6.4 billion in a single day, increasing his total net worth to more than 90. billion USD.
2. How much money Bezos makes in a minute That’s more than the average person’s salary in a year: Just last year, Bezos made $ 19.3 billion. That equates to about $ 52 million a day, more than $ 2 million an hour, and $ 36,000 a minute.
3. Warren Buffett has a net worth of only about $ 30 billion while Bezos becomes a billionaire: Bezos became a billionaire in 1998, when Amazon went public. At the time, Buffett was the second richest person in America, with a net worth of about $ 30 billion. And nearly 20 years later, Bezos has $ 9 billion more than Buffett.
4. Be one of the 25 most landowners in America: According to the Land Report, Bezos is the 25th largest landowner in the US. His biggest asset by size is his 30,000-acre ranch in Van Horn, Texas. This place is being the headquarters for Blue Origin – a secret company of Bezos.
5. Villa of the resort Bezos in Seattle was worth less than 1% of his fortune when he bought it in 1998: In 1998, Bezos bought a 5.5-acre beachfront estate in Medina, Washington – a suburb. of Seattle, for $ 10 million. His net worth at the time – a year after Amazon went public was $ 1.6 billion. Meaning, this mansion’s daughter only accounted for 0.625% of Bezos’ total assets at that time. Since then, Bezos and his wife have bought several properties around their estate and created a complex spanning over 10 acres. According to the current valuation, the value of the house is 70 million USD.
6. Bezos is building the largest home in Washington, DC (next to the White House): In January 2017, Bezos spent about $ 23 million on a mansion that was once a textile museum – in DC’s exclusive Kalorama area making them the largest private home in DC at 27,000 feet. square. The Obamas, Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner will be their family’s neighbors.
7.Bezos donated huge sums of money to his old university – Princeton University: Bezos graduated from Princeton University in 1986 with degrees in electrical engineering and computer science. As of March 2017, his grant to Princeton is $ 22.8 billion. In 2011, Bezos and his wife, also a Princeton student, donated $ 15 million to the university to set up a center at the Princeton Neuroscience Institute.
8. You are on your way to becoming the “first 12 digits man”: According to CNBC: “Bezos could be the first man with a 12-digit net worth – worth $ 100 billion one day.”
Huy Phuong / Business Insider
* Source: VOV