The port scanning tool is an important factor when you want to consider the security aspects for any remote or local network. Used by programmers and network administrators, these port scanning tools are mainly used to know which ports are being used by applications, so you can identify malicious programs right away. instantly.
These port scanning tools can also be used to assess the strength of the security policies you use.
Due to their usefulness, there are many port scanning applications available today. But all these tools are not designed to be the same. To help you choose the right port scanning tool, Quantrimang.com Will introduce you to some of the best options that come with a bunch of useful features.
Here are a few port scanning tools that work well and make your job easier. They come with lots of features designed to help reduce the time and effort needed to scan every port on your network.
Let’s take a closer look at the features, prices, and download options for each of these tools!
Top top tools to scan services / open ports in 2019
- 1. SolarWinds Port Scanner
- 2. Advanced IP Scanner
- 3. Angry IP Scanner
- 4. Nmap
- 5. NetCat
- 6. LanSweeper IP Scanner
- 7. MyLanViewer Network / IP Scanner
- 8. Slitheris Network Discovery
1. SolarWinds Port Scanner
SolarWinds Port Scanner is a tool from one of the leading monitoring software design companies – SolarWinds. This tool creates a list of open, closed and filtered ports for each IP address.
The main features of SolarWinds Port Scanner are:
- Shorten scan time by using advanced adaptive timing.
- Save the scan configuration to a profile. This means that all you have to do is load the corresponding scan configuration without having to worry about changing configuration settings.
- Lets you write a batch script that can be executed at a scheduled time and date.
- Support troubleshooting through the command line interface.
- Provides options to determine the DNS server you choose.
- Hostname resolution using the default local DNS setting.
- Export scanned results to various formats, such as XML, XLSX and CSV.
- Allows you to pause, resume or cancel the scan at any time.
- Identify the operating system while scanning.
- Store IANA port name definitions in a separate file, so they can be edited at any time.
- Works well on Windows 8, 8.1, 10, Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
Download Solarwinds Port Scanner (100% free).
2. Advanced IP Scanner
Advanced IP Scanner is a reliable network scanning tool, best used for LAN analysis. It is easy to use and can even run as a portable version.
Here are some key features of Advanced IP Scanner:
- Allows easy access to shared folders through the network.
- Lets you control the tool remotely via RDP and Radmin.
- Automatically detect MAC address.
- Allows you to turn on or off the remote computer.
- Export the scan results to a CSV file
- No installation required.
Download Advanced IP Scanner (free).
3. Angry IP Scanner
Angry IP Scanner is a cross-platform, open-source network scanner, fast and simple to use.
Key features of Angry IP Scanner include:
- Export scan results into multiple formats like CSV, TXT, XML, etc.
- No installation required
- Scan local networks, IP address ranges, ports and even files in any format.
- Lets you extend the functionality of this application with multiple fetchers.
- Comes with a command line interface.
- Start by pinging each IP address, then identify the MAC address and scan for ports.
- Works on Mac, Windows and Linux
- Use a multithreaded approach, in which a scan thread is created for each scanned IP address.
Download Angry IP Scanner (free).
Nmap is a free and open source scanner, detects devices on the network and builds a comprehensive “map”. To do this, Nmap will send special packages to targets and analyze the feedback.
The features of Nmap are:
- Determine the host on the network.
- List the open ports on the destination server.
- Check network services on remote devices to determine the version number in the applications.
- Determining operating system and hardware characteristics of network devices.
- Interact with the target by using scripts through the Lua and Nmap Scripting Engine programming languages.
- Support many techniques for mapping devices.
- Scan both UDP and TCP ports.
- Able to scan huge networks including tens of thousands of machines.
- Support most popular operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, Free BSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, HP-UX, Sun OS, Amiga, etc.
Download Nmap (100% free).
Netcat is a network utility that reads and writes data on various connections using the TCP / IP protocol.
NetCat features include:
- Provides access to outbound and inbound connections, as well as TCP and UDP ports.
- Comes with tunneling mode to enable special tunneling like UDP to TCP.
- Support integrated port scanning
- There are advanced usage options like send buffer and hexdump modes.
- Provides optional RFC854 telnet code for parsing and feedback.
- Provides full DNS forwarding and reverse checking with appropriate alerts.
- Able to use any locally configured network source port or source address.
- Read command line arguments from standard input
Download NetCat (free):
6. LanSweeper IP Scanner
LanSweeper IP Scanner is a free IP scanner that uses available ports to collect and present detailed information about various applications.
LanSweeper IP Scanner’s features are:
- Comes with a user friendly interface.
- Gather relevant network information through WMI, SNMP, SSH, FTP, HTTP and other protocols.
- Discover devices scanned by IP address.
- Perform custom actions such as remote shutdown, Wake-On LAN and more.
- Scan IP ranges automatically or on demand.
- Rediscover entire subnet with just one click.
- Import your entire network settings via CSV file
- Do not include scanners based on their IP address.
Free for up to 100 devices and cost $ 495 (VND 11,500,000) / year for up to 500 devices. For more than 500 devices, contact the support team for a quote.
Download LanSweeper IP Scanner.
7. MyLanViewer Network / IP Scanner
MyLanViewer Network / IP Scanner is a powerful NetBIOS and LAN / Network IP scanning tool for Windows and also performs many other functions needed to take complete control of your network.
Key features of MyLanViewer Network / IP Scanner include:
- Perform remote actions such as shutdown, restart, sleep, hibernate and Wake On LAN (WOL).
- Help you find all IP addresses, MAC addresses and shared folders on any wired or wireless network.
- Monitor IP address and show the status of computers as they change.
- Perform a variety of tasks such as terminating user sessions, disabling shared folders, detecting fake DHCP servers, displaying netstat information, and more.
- Track all devices, including hidden ones, on your subnet.
- Comes with a user friendly interface.
- Works well on Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 7 and 8.
Download MyLanViewer IP Scanner (free).
8. Slitheris Network Discovery
Slitheris Network Discovery is a network scanning tool that helps identify and scan different devices on the network.
Slitheris Network Discovery features include:
- Collect information from devices without authentication or agent information.
- Provide lots of information about each device / application.
- Determine the type of device by collecting a lot of attributes about every device and compare them with the database of device type definitions.
- Use advanced algorithms to determine the year a device was manufactured.
- Determines whether SMBv1 or SMBv2 is enabled and, if so, offers the option to disable SMBv1 for security reasons.
- Use ARP cache to identify hidden devices that are not responding to ping.
- Allows you to view devices with GUI and gives you instant access on the browser.
- A portable version is available.
Free for up to 50 devices, $ 195 (4,528,000 VND) for up to 256 devices, $ 295 (6,850,000 VND) for up to 1000 devices, and $ 395 (9,173,000 VND) for an unlimited number of devices.
In short, port scanning tools are an important part of network administrators because they help gather information about devices, to understand their operation, security capabilities and more.
They help identify open ports and vulnerable systems, which could potentially potentially leak your infrastructure.
You should choose one of the downloads from above and test it on your network. Some programs have a nice interface for easy scanning and other options have sophisticated, more advanced command line tools, accept advanced operators and more!
Hopefully the above information will help you choose the right port scanner for your network!