To stay healthy, do not simply build muscle and improve endurance. Improving the flexibility of the body is also very important.
Our bodies are born with innate flexibility. But as we grow older we lose that natural flexibility, which explains why children are more likely to perform flexible movements on the body than adults.
A healthy and flexible body helps you feel relieved, healthy and minimize injuries in many situations. However, due to the impact of the current working environment, many people have lost or do not know if their bodies are flexible enough or not? Below we will summarize 5 simple exercises at home for you to check whether your body is still flexible or not?
- Test your strength and endurance with this army-standard exercise!
- Reduce fatigue while sitting at a computer with a few simple movements
1. Check the flexibility of the shoulder joint
First, put your hands behind your back, then turn your hands face to face so they are behind you. Doing this regularly can help make your shoulders more flexible and reduce the pain of sitting for hours.
Is this easy for you?
- If the answer is “Yes” then congratulations, you did well or your body is still young.
- If you make this movement a bit difficult, you need to practice more.
If you find it too difficult to do, you can replace it by: Carefully using one palm to grip the other elbow on the back. Hold this position for a few minutes.
2. Check the flexibility of the spine
- 7 exercises to protect your spine healthy
Stand straight with your feet bunched together. Next, slowly bend down and touch the floor. Doing this will help stretch the spine and reduce aches and pains.
- If you can put your palm on the floor, your body is really flexible and supple.
- If you can only put one finger on the floor, it can be considered quite good, but you need to practice more.
And if you can’t touch your hands on the floor, you really need to train your body more, because maybe your spine has been inactive for a long time and it’s no longer flexible.
3. Check the flexibility of the front of the neck and shoulders
Kneel your feet on the floor and create a 90-degree angle, your feet together. Then gently tilt your head back and touch your heels with your hands. Doing this regularly will make your shoulders and ankles more active.
- If you can’t reach your heels, don’t try too hard, because they can dislocate your hands; instead, you can put your hands on your back to support your back when bending down. You need to exercise regularly, this warns your health is getting worse.
- If you can easily touch your heels, that’s great, congratulations. But when you return to your original position, remember to do it slowly to avoid injury.
4. Check the flexibility of the hip joint
- If you want to be healthy, immediately abandon the habit of sitting cross-legged
Step 4, you sit on the floor, one leg straight out in front of you, the other leg in such that the soles of the feet touch the other leg. Then slowly bend down, reaching out to grasp the toes, face perpendicular to the foot. Doing this every day will make your hip joint more flexible.
- With this move, if you can get your feet on your knees while your legs are still stretching for about 2 minutes, congratulations! That means your hip joints stretch well, your physiological age is also very young.
- Conversely, if you can’t touch your knees or your legs can’t bend, then your hip joints are quite stiff, the thigh muscles are not elastic enough. You should spend a lot of time to practice sports and exercise, especially with this movement should be done daily.
5. Check knee joint flexibility
- Sounds emanating from the knee can lead to a risk of osteoarthritis
Starting from the High Plank, put your body on the rug as if you were in a push-up position, then slowly push yourself backward, raising your butt to the ceiling to form an inverted V-shape. Doing this will make your knees stronger.
If you are young, this is not really difficult, you can easily do this, which proves that your knee joint is extremely good and flexible. After practicing this movement, you return to the original position gently, ensuring safety when practicing offline.
For people after the age of 30, the bones and joints begin to harden, with the movements of the elbows, knees and back being a challenge. So, if you’re over 30 and still do it easily, congratulations.
And in case you didn’t pass this test, your body is probably at risk of 50 years old and proves you are very lazy to practice. Take time to practice to have healthy knees offline.
With the above checking movements, none of these movements is too difficult. If your body regularly practices hard, you will be surprised at your body. You will feel healthy, supple body, youthful beyond imagination.
- Body odor helps you recognize your health